Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loss of usage
I was wondering if any one had a case where they were trying to get an award for loss of usage. I had a cervical surgery which left my left hand totally numb . what constitutes a loss of usage?
"may the best day of your yesterdays be the worst of your future"

precise definition depends on the state rules.
since you didn't post yours I can only give a generic explanation.

where there is not an amputation or loss of body part a physician can give an opinion about the patient's recovery by stating, in percentage terms, how much permanent loss of use has occurred.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Sorry I forgot to give state it was Pa. The hand still has usage but very little gripping strength and almost completely numb constantly.
thank you

also I was womdering woild the % of loss before the hand? or hand % of the whole body?

or what I was trying to find out waswould loss of usage mean the whole hand or what percent of the hand like 50% usage etc.

I am not familiar with the details of Pennsylvania rating but would guess the it would loss of use of the hand.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks, this is very useful. I was going through the same operation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loss of usage boilerman 0 1,731 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Last Post: boilerman
Sad Authorization, mediation, moving and over usage Cookiecrum 1 3,800 11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Last Post: 1171