Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post traumatic disability?
I was involved in a helicopter crash in October of 2010 which resulted in the death of a co-worker and me breaking my back. I am starting rehab this week, but my anxiety from the crash is severe. i have trouble sleeping, and can't bring myself to get back in the pilot's seat. Is this considered a mental disability by workers comp? I will probably never fly again. Am i due some form of disability payment because of this?

those are symptoms and not a diagnosis.
while they are often associated with traumatic events they will need to be properly evaluated and related back to the work incident by medical professionals before being accepted by workers compensation for benefits.
Georgia does allow psychiatric/emotional consequence from industrial injuries.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Sorry for your experience. I also had something happen that I got PTSD from. The special doc that works with PTSD mostly with police,fire,train conductors said to me I must get back up on the horse and ride again. This was after 2 years of treatment though.

(03-09-2011, 02:23 AM)whirlybirddude Wrote: I was involved in a helicopter crash in October of 2010 which resulted in the death of a co-worker and me breaking my back. I am starting rehab this week, but my anxiety from the crash is severe. i have trouble sleeping, and can't bring myself to get back in the pilot's seat. Is this considered a mental disability by workers comp? I will probably never fly again. Am i due some form of disability payment because of this?

Hey whirlybirddude, how are you doing now? (It looks like you posted this over three months ago.) Have you gotten your ATP to include your PTSD as part of your WC claim. I would certainly think that it would be a part of the IC's liability to provide treatment for it. Let us know how you are doing.
Injured Female, OTR Truck Driver, from the state of Georgia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Traumatic Brain Injury and vision problems Ranfin 2 805 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Post traumatic stress disorder eaglewoman 4 9,183 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
  wc disability/social security disability coach 5 15,482 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly