Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screwed In TEXAS
On workers comp from 12/2/10 and still have several months to go. I want to know why I cant find a laywer in TEXAS to go after a county hospital. The only reason I am on workers comp is due to this hospital pictures dont lie!! Went in with a broken heel and ankle and a pressure blow out on side of foot. When they released me they never checked the wound after they stiched it closed on the 6th of december they released me on the 9th of December and never opened it to check and see how it was healing. Also when they released me the gave me an appointment to come back on the 19th of December. Well on the 10th I went to another Doctor along with my CM and when they unwraped it they all freaked out and would not let me see and pushed me back down and wrapped it up and sent me to a real hospital. By the time they cut away all the black dead skin,tissue, muscle i was left with a hole in my ankle\foot the size of a softball. I am still on workers comp awaiting my 9th surgery and a free muscle flap on my foot. Still cannot walk yet no feeling in the bottom of my foot due to a nerve transplant from what they did to it.
I could go on but i think this should be enough to get started.

Attached Files
.jpg   pic 2.jpg (Size: 103.89 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   Foot Pic 1.jpg (Size: 97.76 KB / Downloads: 13)

Sounds like a case of medical malpractice. I would look for an attorney who's office is in another part of the state of Texas.

I was injured by my treating work comp doctor while he was doing an exam. Mine is not a situation where I can file a malpractice suit as it is not that involved. But I did file a complaint against the doctor with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts, this is the board that license doctors in our state.

Be really careful of that hospital, the one I used to work for attempted to cover up what my surgeon didn't do. Threatened to fire the scrub in my case if he spoke to me, etc.

Like Bummer said you need to find a lawyer in another area that doesn't have dealings with this hospital. I sought out 5 when I first looked who turned me down because of where I worked. So I settled on a lawyer in another town 45 miles away.

Take care,
Bodybuilder1958

why an atty won't take your case is unknown as you didn't provide enough information.
if you need help finding a malpractice atty contact the texas state bar.
http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?...t_Main.cfm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

[quote='1171' pid='132337' dateline='1299614423']
why an atty won't take your case is unknown as you didn't provide enough information.

Not enough info pics are worth a thousand words the first pic is what it looked like when i went to the county SH and the second pic shows how much dead tissue had to be taken out due to them stiching it closed. What else did you want to knw????? I will give you all the info you want! I have called over 10 laywers and no one will sue the state which that is what a county SH is!!!! Do you know the texas tort laws????

you're correct. I am wrong.
your post made it extremely clear why 10 attys refused to take your case.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-08-2011, 05:30 PM)mjob2206 Wrote: [quote='1171' pid='132337' dateline='1299614423']

Not enough info pics are worth a thousand words the first pic is what it looked like when i went to the county SH and the second pic shows how much dead tissue had to be taken out due to them stiching it closed. What else did you want to knw????? I will give you all the info you want! I have called over 10 laywers and no one will sue the state which that is what a county SH is!!!! Do you know the texas tort laws????
Pictures may show the damage done, but it is the road that led to the end result that is needed. You seem to be a bit on the hyper side, may want to calm down as everyone here is here to learn and help one another. It is unfortunate that you ended up where you are, but getting angry with everyone will not help you either.

good luck! Smile
Live, Laugh, Love ~

I am not angry just frustrated with all this. It basically boils down to money and greed. As the caps on suing a county hospital is not going to happen as i have even offered 100% of what they win and they will still not take this case. I ended up with that hole in my ankle due to the dr at county being an intern and not knowing what he was doing. I live in Houston with one of the best Medical Centers and the 2 Dr's on my case now know that this was just plain bad care and have told me that. I do know the reason why they told me that now is because they knew i could never sue the county hospital. So if i came off as being angry I do apologize for that. It has just been a long road 4 months now and still cannot walk but its all good I do have some great Doctors now and i know time heals all. Like i said i am sorry did not mean to offend anyone.

Thanks

(03-08-2011, 06:06 PM)sonny1 Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 05:30 PM)mjob2206 Wrote: [quote='1171' pid='132337' dateline='1299614423']

Pictures may show the damage done, but it is the road that led to the end result that is needed. You seem to be a bit on the hyper side, may want to calm down as everyone here is here to learn and help one another. It is unfortunate that you ended up where you are, but getting angry with everyone will not help you either.

good luck! Smile

I had anger issues from my injury for nearly 3 yrs. I mean hostile anger about my injury. Doctor A was my original doctor, he ruined my left knee. Doctor B was in the same practice, he tried very, very hard to fix the damage but infection and a synovial fistula in a knee joint does alot of damage, wears away bone. I found it very strange that less than 3 weeks after I started seeing Doctor B that Doctor A announced his immediate retirement. He cancelled all of his surgeries, all of his appointments. Doctor B finally told me why, I had asked him before but this time he told me. Doctor B told me that they did it to ensure no other patient ended up like me. That they did it because of my case. I started healing that day, it made a big difference in my case, my heart.

I could of tried to go after the hospital that I worked at for doing a cover up, I could of tried harder to find a lawyer to sue Doctor A but I decided to put my anger toward eventually healing.

I would take all of your information to your state's medical board and the National Accrediation of hospitals. Approach it this way if you can.

Take care,
Bodybuilder1958

not a problem.

it's easy to lose your head and not realize what information you did and did not post.
many come here expecting strangers to know what they've been through and what they already know.

"I want to know why I cant find a laywer in TEXAS to go after a county hospital."

we don't know:
*where you looked?
*who you talked to
*what information you presented
*how they responded

you came to a workers compensation insurance public message board and wanted expertise on Texas medical malpractice.

I don't think any of a 1000 viewers to your post could have given you the correct answer from the pictures and your text.

from your last response I take it that there might be some Texas statutes that are protecting the hospital in question from a malpractice suit.

if that's the case, you might find more knowledgeable responses from a legal forum covering malpractice issues.
Try here
http://community.lawyers.com/forums/96.aspx

there maybe other forums.
maybe lexis-nexis has public resources.

we can help if given a chance..
and the right information.

Be Well.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screwed over 2 times, Too many Garbman21 1 2,614 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  I think I screwed up totally, Now what to do?? In Tennessee Tizz 6 8,202 10-30-2011, 02:59 PM
  screwed by insurance co littlecindylouhoo 8 8,078 10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
  my boss screwed me cwindom0117 5 8,825 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  i got screwed pavilion212 12 10,259 01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Screwed again... pote2002 16 8,360 01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  i got screwed palmtreesandparakeets 18 9,188 01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  What should I do, already being screwed mjm44 9 5,520 11-22-2007, 06:49 AM