Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
allowed to care for grandma
Hi, can u get paid to care for your grandmother if you are collecting workmans comp?

(03-08-2011, 02:42 PM)justwondering1040 Wrote: Hi, can u get paid to care for your grandmother if you are collecting workmans comp?

depends on your state rules and the type of disability payments you are being paid
like any other job you first have to get clearance from doctor that your restrictions aren't in conflict with the care you will have to provide.

what state?
what type of payments are you collecting?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-08-2011, 03:56 PM)1171 Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 02:42 PM)justwondering1040 Wrote: Hi, can u get paid to care for your grandmother if you are collecting workmans comp?

depends on your state rules and the type of disability payments you are being paid
like any other job you first have to get clearance from doctor that your restrictions aren't in conflict with the care you will have to provide.

what state?
what type of payments are you collecting?

its nys and its workmans comp and diability. Its a friend of mine....She has back issues so i dont know how she would be able to do it.

it nys.

there are many different kinds of work comp payments available under New York workers comp
each has their own requirements as to whether you can work or not and still receive them.
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/...nefits.jsp

it's a complex question, so your best bet is to contact one of the comp board district offices and they can get detailed information and try and provide an answer.
http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/Contact.jsp

generally, if the worker is totally disabled -either permanent or temporary -then they CANNOT be employed and still receive the same disability payments.
there are exceptions and the comp board can find out if any apply.

sorry I can't be of more help.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Not allowed to go to the ER Animatedbreak84 4 1,427 09-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  What is my employer allowed to say ? Georgedroy 1 2,063 03-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
Shy not allowed back to work trunner0 6 5,759 03-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Are you as a work comp. client allowed to recieve any income from your part time job maddog0620 8 6,295 08-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt