Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missed DD appointment
Exclamation 
Hey Guys I was hurt in Texas.
I was required to go see a DD doctor. I missed the appointment because I had the incorrect address. (The address was the one provided to me in writing by the state). I received a phone call today informing me that my benefits are canceled. I can not see HOW they can do this as I notified both the DD (after an hour on the phone I was provided with the right address but wrong building and found the Doctors office just by searching all the halls in the complex.), the Texas Workers Compensation, and my claims manager.
The DD will not reschedule the appointment within the time allowed. Is there anythign I can do? I have photos, call logs, internet usage etc to back up what I say.
Thanks
Sorry I meant toadd that I have been told I need a 3rd surgery within 3 days of missing the DD appointment. But my point is that I did everything possiable to make it to this appointment and I missed through no fault of mine.

contact the office of injured employee counsel
http://www.oiec.state.tx.us/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I talked to a ombudsman and was informed that even though all the information provided to me was incorrect it was my responsibility to make it to the appointment.

if you want to continue trying to restart benefits
you'll probably need a contested case hearing before a judge.
you have to request a Benefit Review conference before they will give you a court date.
more information on the dispute resolution process here
http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/wc/employee/d...l#whatisdr

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I was told my benefits would restart after the state reschedules my DD appointment but that it would not be retroactive. I just don't see how they can do that if I did everything possiable to attend the doctors appointment. Who actually cancels the benefits? Is it the state or my claims adjustor? Is there no legal recourse to prevent this from happening? The way I understand it is the responsiability lies completely on me to attend the appointment regardless of whether or not I was provided with correct information. Wouldn't that be similar to me telling **edited - no names please** the incorrect phone number or address for me and making them find the correct information?

the insurance carrier is responsible for providing benefits.
your legal recourse is to get a decision from the judge.
yes it could be the same if that's the way the law is written.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the info 1171. I only hope that you treat your clients better. /End rant /begin frustration

I understand your frustrations with the system; it often carries over even to those trying to help.
what clients?
I volunteer on this public board like everyone else.
you are obviously confused about a number of things.
we'll still try to help attitude and all.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Not trying to show you attitude, it was my understanding that you were a case manager, thus you might see the type of problem that I have. I would hope that if you do and it is not the patients fault for missing the apt that you would take that into consideration before canceling benefits used to support a persons family.

not a problem.
you must have me confused with someone else.
I thought you were looking for information.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  qme appointment dolphins 5 10,216 05-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  QME appointment highdesertguy 4 10,666 08-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  AME appointment st. clare 1 5,213 10-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Last Post: 1171
  wc said they would pay my medical but not time missed from work. buildergirl1973 4 4,609 06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  Appointment with IME 4/10. Please help? SPECIALK 19 10,163 04-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  IME missed bethsha211 17 7,135 12-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Last Post: bethsha211
  RME Appointment Deb 19 12,700 05-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Deb
  appointment tweety00 8 5,796 04-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Pooh