Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Investigator has been signed in complaint against work comp doctor
I received a letter today from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts. This is the board that license doctors in the state of Kansas.

July 2010 I was injured by the work comp doctor while he was doing an exam. The injury resulted in the need for surgery with an ACDF being done February of this year.

The letter I received today reads, An investigator has been signed to your case and will be contacting you for an interview and obtain additional information, if not already done so.

Please keep us informed of your address and telephone number should they change. We will continue to keep you update on the status of the case, including advising you when the matter is resolved.

This is a victory in itself as many complaints filed in our state do not make it to the point of an investigator being signed to the case, with the complaint ending up in file 13.

My goal in this is to help prevent others from being injured by this doctor.

I filed the complaint for two reasons.
1. Based on my injury.
2. The doctor changed the medical records to cover up my injury.

Bummer go for it and get them for the coverup in it if not for anyting else
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Bummer,

I hope they nail that dr, I hope you get somthing out of it as well...

Get him Bummer, I hate that doctor. I will never forget the look on his face when he walked into the exam room and recognized me. It was like 'Oh crap, what have I walked into'. Almost wish we could do the same thing again.

A former co-worker of mine has to see him for an IME next Tuesday. I told her to tell him right off from the start to 'Only exam her left shoulder'. No other part of her body. She'll knock the crap out of him if he even tries.

Bronoco I will only receive money if I file a malpractice suit. I have talked to attorneys but they all say the same thing, my witness is related to me and family lies for family. I had a documented previous injury of the cervical spine, dosn't matter that my condition was stable and with no additional medical treatment needed according to the neurosurgeon 3 months before I was injured by the wc doctor.

It cost $90,000.00 for a malpractice attorney to sign up a client. One attorney told me if I were dead he would take my case as then the case would be worth it.

(03-04-2011, 10:07 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bronoco I will only receive money if I file a malpractice suit. I have talked to attorneys but they all say the same thing, my witness is related to me and family lies for family. I had a documented previous injury of the cervical spine, dosn't matter that my condition was stable and with no additional medical treatment needed according to the neurosurgeon 3 months before I was injured by the wc doctor.

It cost $90,000.00 for a malpractice attorney to sign up a client. One attorney told me if I were dead he would take my case as then the case would be worth it.

Now I remember you mentioned the costs before, that stinks.... Well hopefully this ruins his rep/career and stops his practice...

what's the status on the doctor you accused of taking bribe to falsify a medical report?

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

This is the same doctor and that has been reported to the state board.

My attorney provided me with documents and they were sent to the board when the complaint was filed.

This doctor's brother is also an orthopedic surgeon, well, was. Sued atleast 6 times. Lost his license once, got it back. Now he does in house plastic surgery and Social Security Disability IME's.

I guess this type of behaviour runs in the family. His brother, we'll just call him Dr. M, cracked my stepmother's femorial stem while doing a hip replacement on her and didn't realize it. He was one who didn't believe in ex-rays right after surgery to ensure placement. He had her out of bed the next day, she complained, argued that it hurt too much. The next day her femur broke below the implant when she put weight on her leg. She's never walked properly since.

bodybuilder1958

(03-03-2011, 08:11 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: I received a letter today from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts. This is the board that license doctors in the state of Kansas.

July 2010 I was injured by the work comp doctor while he was doing an exam. The injury resulted in the need for surgery with an ACDF being done February of this year.

The letter I received today reads, An investigator has been signed to your case and will be contacting you for an interview and obtain additional information, if not already done so.

Please keep us informed of your address and telephone number should they change. We will continue to keep you update on the status of the case, including advising you when the matter is resolved.

This is a victory in itself as many complaints filed in our state do not make it to the point of an investigator being signed to the case, with the complaint ending up in file 13.

My goal in this is to help prevent others from being injured by this doctor.

I filed the complaint for two reasons.
1. Based on my injury.
2. The doctor changed the medical records to cover up my injury.

Is the board of healing arts the same as the state medical board? In NYS I think it is called the medical board or something. I had filed a complaint on behalf of my sister for a doctor who refused proper treatment for her because he said she was "pyschosematic". she ended up having to have her gallbladder removed after 2 years of this doctor telling her it was in her head because she suffers from Bipolar. Anyways, my point being, I contacted the state of NY and filed complaint, they pulled the records of my sister/doctor reports to determine if there was any wrong doing on part of doctor, plus they see if there were any other complaints. There was a list of things they did in their investigation before letting us know. of course they did not find any wrong doing, but he died of cancer about 8 months later. Just wondered if your state agency is the same, just goes by another name?
Live, Laugh, Love ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REST IN PEACE - David DePaolo of Work Comp Central 1171 4 5,007 07-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Work comp claim while driving to work Manley2 9 8,804 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
  Disaproving Work Comp Fraud by Dying Bummer Knees 2 5,226 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Differences with personal injury cases and work comp in Kansas Bummer Knees 10 9,751 08-01-2013, 05:41 PM
  Final results of complaint against work com doctor Bummer Knees 10 9,068 06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Complaint against WC doctor Bummer Knees 6 5,272 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Bingo names, complaint form old member bodybuilder1958 23 16,074 12-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Letter from state board of healing arts on complaint Bummer Knees 27 16,479 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Settlement offer on work comp Bummer Knees 21 108,229 01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Tim Self
  Questions, work comp. bodybuilder1958 13 19,128 01-29-2011, 10:43 AM