Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kidney Stones
I went to have a ultrasound today on my stomach, thought I was haveing gal baldder attacks, turns out when the Dr called 2 hrs after the ultrastone. well i will be giving birth to another kidney stone, This will make the 8th time. U would think i would be a pro at it but the symptoms this time is none like any other time. They told me on the phone today that it is 5cm in size, that seems awful large, i am going by the dr's office tomorrow to see the report as i question the size. I have never had one that large before and i have always passed them with not much trouble. The last 2 i passed is upstairs in a jar, that would be stone number 6 and number 7. I never even went to the er or anything just passed them with no trouble here at home. I think i will start nameing them LOL. She said this one was 5cm in size and if it is that is almost 2 inches in size. Don't think i want to try to pass it without some help, like breadking it up first. But I will know tomorrow. What should i name number 8. Oh number 7 was janurary 2010. maybe the month and year will be enough to name them LOL..
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

that is rather large....better get a good pain killer for that one
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

All I can say is ouch...........Thats terrible..

I've passed several stones but thank God none were that big. Hate to say it but its been a year and a half since the last one. Go in next weeks so they can put a scope in my kidneys so it will be interesting to see what they find. Good luck and hope they do something to help get it out without too much pain

I think this one will have to be taken, i don't think by body can pass it
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

All the nurses on here have any dealt with a patient with kidney stones. As i have stated this is number 8 for me. and the first one to cause nauseau for me. I can not lay down to sleep,as soon as i lay down 10 mins or so the nauseau starts,,,,,,i want to throw up and can't and it feels like i am n need to vomit and have that feeling all night long. Tonight tried laying down and it started so now i am up trying to get some relief, and i will try to sleep in my recliner sitting up as much as i can as long as it stops the sick feeling. Has any nurse expereinced this with a patient before. What can i do to prevent the nauseaa feeling from comming on. Is the stone pressing on something in the kidned to cause this feeling. or the stone causeing the kidney to be pressed again someting, aaaaaay help pleeeeeease

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd's to get a new kidney Bummer Knees 11 5,384 07-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Stones Wink 1 2,040 12-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Kidney stones and the rite of passage bodybuilder1958 9 5,082 09-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Last Post: jayne