Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
employers offer to return to work....
Well went and got the letter, my boss here in our local area was very polite and said they would do what ever they can to accomidate.. And this is how it is stated......

We have recieved DR. ----------'s medical evaluation report regarding the work-related injury you substained on Nov 6, 2007. The report is based on records from all your treating physicians including your final medical evaluation with dr------ (surgeon for pelvis and hip reconstruction) and dr-------- (end of healind impairment). Dr------ Agreed with the dr (end of healing) assessment and has indicated that your work restrictions are now permanent, and include:

Light to medium work frequent lifting of 10 pounds.
20 lb maximum lifting with avoiding squatting and not bending more than 90 degrees.
No climbing ladders and stairs on a seldom basis..

We have reviewed the essential function of your current position as a delivery driver and have determined that we are able to accommodate your restrictions..

The route we have to offer is in district ---. it involves in daily delivery, picking up returned items and collecting. And again the essential requirements are within the restrictions established by the physicians, if necessary, an accommodation can be made to decrease the size. By doing this you will effectively reduce the weight carried in delivery of products.

Now this is fine and dandy, but these drs (who I cant say) have nothing to do with why I'm out on medical leave... This was reports of my pelvis and hip and was placed at mmi for them. I was removed from work for my back wich was also injured in the accident, and not from my pelvis or hip... In these reports it does not include my treating dr and my new surgeon thats been treating me for my back. Its just an invasive ploy against me, now involving my employer...

I dropped a copy off at my lawer, and states dont wory.. I am to bring this letter to my treating drs for my back and see if he agrees with said restrictions. If he does, I have to go back to work at least to try. If he does not I need him to write my restrictions over and bring them to my employer.......... Sorry long winded but just wanted to share what they are pulling on me....

No where in this discription does it say I have to load my vehicle, which is mandatory. Any one that has been a truck driver who also loads and unloads and delivers products by hand knows there is no way to avoid squating let alone bending no more than 90 degrees...

Bronco -

This sucks.

don't have any words of advice as you know, I am going through same stuff myself - I just wanted to wish you good luck with everything and please keep us updated.

Wishing you well - dina

(02-23-2011, 10:28 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: Well went and got the letter, my boss here in our local area was very polite and said they would do what ever they can to accomidate.. And this is how it is stated......

We have recieved DR. ----------'s medical evaluation report regarding the work-related injury you substained on Nov 6, 2007. The report is based on records from all your treating physicians including your final medical evaluation with dr------ (surgeon for pelvis and hip reconstruction) and dr-------- (end of healind impairment). Dr------ Agreed with the dr (end of healing) assessment and has indicated that your work restrictions are now permanent, and include:

Light to medium work frequent lifting of 10 pounds.
20 lb maximum lifting with avoiding squatting and not bending more than 90 degrees.
No climbing ladders and stairs on a seldom basis..

We have reviewed the essential function of your current position as a delivery driver and have determined that we are able to accommodate your restrictions..

The route we have to offer is in district ---. it involves in daily delivery, picking up returned items and collecting. And again the essential requirements are within the restrictions established by the physicians, if necessary, an accommodation can be made to decrease the size. By doing this you will effectively reduce the weight carried in delivery of products.

Now this is fine and dandy, but these drs (who I cant say) have nothing to do with why I'm out on medical leave... This was reports of my pelvis and hip and was placed at mmi for them. I was removed from work for my back wich was also injured in the accident, and not from my pelvis or hip... In these reports it does not include my treating dr and my new surgeon thats been treating me for my back. Its just an invasive ploy against me, now involving my employer...

I dropped a copy off at my lawer, and states dont wory.. I am to bring this letter to my treating drs for my back and see if he agrees with said restrictions. If he does, I have to go back to work at least to try. If he does not I need him to write my restrictions over and bring them to my employer.......... Sorry long winded but just wanted to share what they are pulling on me....

No where in this discription does it say I have to load my vehicle, which is mandatory. Any one that has been a truck driver who also loads and unloads and delivers products by hand knows there is no way to avoid squating let alone bending no more than 90 degrees...

Wow, that stinks! My ex boyfriend was a delivery driver also and I know just climbing in and out of the truck hurt his back, forget loading/unloading.Those trucks are high up with stairs, just to get into them. I also do not have any advise, but wanted to wish you luck as well. Your employer & WC is taking a big chance sending you back...you may end up getting more hurt in the end, which would not be good for you or for them in the end!
Live, Laugh, Love ~

Thanks for the replies, I have been on the phone all morning getting things taken care of... Injection on the march 1st is still set and turning in on my private ins.. Got my treating dr to change my meds, and is looking over the wc drs restrictions and returning to work... Now I just sit and wait............

Bronoco what about the surgery in a couple of weeks?

Is this the insurance company's way of getting out of paying for surgery?

(02-24-2011, 02:38 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bronoco what about the surgery in a couple of weeks?

Is this the insurance company's way of getting out of paying for surgery?

You know that is my thoughts as well..... This is what was ordered by the surgeon. I had to get 2 epidural injections at l4-l5 and l5-s1. 2weeks apart. I was st to get the first one feb 16th but 2 days before the wc ins called them and cancled and also stated they were not aproving futher treatments. In which this resulted in the hospital cancling the procedure.. I am now set to get injection on 3/1 and see the surgeon 3/8. This surgeon was following the guidelines on treatment, and these procedures were to be done first. Now that wc played thier game, I now will have to wait and see what the surgeon wants to do... I am sure he will just put it off untill a later date until I get both injections... So far my private ins has picked up the tab for my meds-----I know this because I tested it with the new script......

Bronoco you said you would be turning in the injections to the insurance company. Has the insurance company approved paying for the injections?

My personal health insurance always paid for my medications, but would not pay for wc related medical treatment.

I sure hope the insurance company pays in your case.

Do you have to have a CDL for this job? If so do you have to have a DOT medical card? Was think somewhere there was a post about this and the meds you are taking. Not sure what meds DOT will let you drive with

(02-24-2011, 05:57 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Do you have to have a CDL for this job? If so do you have to have a DOT medical card? Was think somewhere there was a post about this and the meds you are taking. Not sure what meds DOT will let you drive with

No cdl required under the weight limits, if I were to drive the southern area well then yes.
(02-24-2011, 05:29 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bronoco you said you would be turning in the injections to the insurance company. Has the insurance company approved paying for the injections?

My personal health insurance always paid for my medications, but would not pay for wc related medical treatment.

I sure hope the insurance company pays in your case.

I talked to the hospital and they said they would turn it in to my private... She has said my ins would cover it, either way they said they will do the procedures.. My lawyer told me even if the bills pile up not to worry, here in wi they cant put a lien or judgement out on our hoe or wages if it was a work related injury expense....

The way I see it is, I need these medical procedures, and if they are willing to do it knowing wc has stopped payent I'm going for it.

My dr wrote new restrictions, and he did say I could return to work with a 5lb restriction along with no bending, no twisting. They faxed that to my employer and I made an extra copy for my lawyer and already in his office........

What do yous feel the next step will be..?

Bronoco is your employer expecting you to make the route deliveries by yoursef?

This is what I do with my job requirements & work restrictions.

I take a paeper and make 3 columns, one column would be the physical requrements of the job.

Next, I list the accomodations my employer is providing. (In my case that was none.)

Last, I list my work restrictions.

I am a visual person, helps me in thinking things thru.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 11,091 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 5,475 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,541 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 4,780 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,589 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 8,321 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  return to work before my surgery??? Pambud96 5 9,097 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: hurt back
Toungue Why is it legal for prospective employers to ask about any work comp injuries? bodybuilder1958 3 6,964 07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Return to work, different shift. Nebraska conlar58 2 5,217 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: conlar58
  Doctor telling me to return to work??? HH4 3 6,581 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM