Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
employers offer to return to work....
Manley - look up your state on the Internet . I looked up " driving on prescription narcotics in Pennsylvania" . I discovered that there are a few states where the laws are toughest. PA is one of them. It said even if you didn't take them that day, they can get you if they are still in your system. I take a virtual pharmacy everyday . I only drive is absolutely necessary and no one else is around. My husband was involved in a DUI driving case and now he is dead and so is the woman he hit. I don't ever want to be involved or responsible for someone elses death because I had to get to the post office. There have been times when I KNEW I shouldn't have been driving. No more for me.

Driving on meds has my biggest concern. No one seems to care but me. WC just wants him at work. His employer knows he's on them. The owner sent him, in her car, yesterday to make a couple deliveries. One of which was about a hr and a half away. My job doesn't allow certain meds a min of 8 hrs before your shift. I am completely dumb founded by the way they condone narcotics and driving/working. They know what meds are being taken. Pay for these meds. Insist you go to work, even when the concern was expressed to them, that's condoning in my opinion.

what is the legal liability of an employer that knows a driver is using restricted medication on the job?
is it an osha violation?
how serious?
can their transportation license to operate in the state be pulled?
who can best enforce such violations?

a difficult situation when the public's safety depends on drivers being willing to give up their job in order to comply.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Interesting thread.

My doctor told me I could start driving next week picking my son up from school and take him home.

Yet my doctor is the one writing the script for the meds I am on.

That tells me I have to use common sense, with the pain meds meds and muscle relaxers I am on. I refuse to drive and endanger the lives of my son, myself, and others on the road.

I would assume, someone correct me if I am wrong, but they can not make you drive. Even if your doc says it ok. Your doc can not say it's ok for you to break the law. If it's illegal, then the answer is obvious - you should not be driving and a note from the doc does not make it legal

(02-25-2011, 11:16 PM)nursedina Wrote: I would assume, someone correct me if I am wrong, but they can not make you drive. Even if your doc says it ok. Your doc can not say it's ok for you to break the law. If it's illegal, then the answer is obvious - you should not be driving and a note from the doc does not make it legal

I totally agree.........But like 1171 says,, where is the line... many will do it in fear of loosing thier jobs... Very ilegal, unfair and just plain stupid for any dr to say you can.....

From what I have read there is no line. If your impaired then your in the wrong that one is a given. But if your not and you get in a wreck I think your still going to be in trouble if they check your blood and you have meds in your system. Looks to me like its a no win deal

easy the Dr puts NO DRIVING while on meds in the back to work slip...his med say every 4 to 6 hrs..hes covered
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

you have to distinguish driving to work and driving for work.
the former is a matter of convenience; the latter can be necessity.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yes 1171. Exactly. I couldnt say I can't drive to work, cause they would think....that's your problem, but if driving is required for work, like my old job as a home health nurse, I would not be able to do it. Same with patient care as a nurse, can't do it "under the influence "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 11,033 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 5,442 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,533 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 4,775 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,578 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 8,315 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  return to work before my surgery??? Pambud96 5 9,084 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: hurt back
Toungue Why is it legal for prospective employers to ask about any work comp injuries? bodybuilder1958 3 6,959 07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Return to work, different shift. Nebraska conlar58 2 5,212 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: conlar58
  Doctor telling me to return to work??? HH4 3 6,571 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM