Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
employers offer to return to work....
(02-24-2011, 06:55 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bronoco is your employer expecting you to make the route deliveries by yoursef?

This is what I do with my job requirements & work restrictions.

I take a paeper and make 3 columns, one column would be the physical requrements of the job.

Next, I list the accomodations my employer is providing. (In my case that was none.)

Last, I list my work restrictions.

I am a visual person, helps me in thinking things thru.

Yes they are expecting me to go solo, and they said they would accommodate me us much as they can within the restrictions of the wc dr.. I know employer is playing right along with wc now.. When I make deliveries I bring all products through front doors of businesses and all by hand. When I take back returns they are stacked on the floor and I am required to pick up and return to main office... There is no way to accommodate me with bending let alone pick somthing off the floor. My lawyer is hoping they terminate my employment over my drs restrictions... I have been with employer since 1988, its been a great plesure working there but they probably would have found a reason to let me go if i returned......

Sorry for the spelling mistakes of my post, just not use to everything that comes with taking the meds.

Bronco - I hope they reconsider seeing the new restrictions

(02-24-2011, 08:47 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Sorry for the spelling mistakes of my post, just not use to everything that comes with taking the meds.

Bummer I didnt notice, must be my meds....lol
(02-24-2011, 09:14 PM)nursedina Wrote: Bronco - I hope they reconsider seeing the new restrictions

I hope they do too, I figured I would have been called today after them recieving it... The thing is they dont have to accept the new restriction, they made me the offer and its up to me under the restrictions they offered. And of course I will have to call my lawyer on how to reply to thier offer.. I am asumming I will have to decline under my drs restrictions, but that does not say they wont terminate me.... One thing I wanted in the new restrictions was -- no driving while on narcotics.... And he didnt put that on them but maybe he will re-write them tomorow....

Isn't it against the law to drive on narcotics? In PA I believe it is considered driving while impaired. I could be wrong, but I believe I read that.

(02-24-2011, 11:08 PM)nursedina Wrote: Isn't it against the law to drive on narcotics? In PA I believe it is considered driving while impaired. I could be wrong, but I believe I read that.

Here in WI it is also. But thier is a test the dot does to see how if any impaired... This happened to me before, my ncm tried to get my primary to allow me to drive back in 2008, said thier are test from the dot.... My primary shot her down and said no way, even if the dot permited it if I was ever in a accident I would be at fault and get it for driving under the influence.... Its really all just a game they are playing, while the injured worker gets the shaft.......

Some time back I spoke with my PM doc about driving and being on med. He said there are reports out there that show after you have been on them for a period of time your reflexes are faster. Never did look for them or ask him to show them to me but I do believe him. Just believe you would lose in court even if you did have these studies

I know your correct on the studies, and I would loose in court if they got me for under the influence... And if I was to kill some one in a accident I would be behind bars.... Makes it seem all worth it ... Not going to happen...

I have posted on the forum about my good friend Robin who died in 2007 while under going treatment at a pain clinc in Kansas.

About 6 months before her death she was arrested for being under the infulence due to the pain meds she was taiking while driving.

I don't care about the studies too much because like I said I don't think it would ever look good for you if anything happened. Anybody know what you can get in trouble for as far as drugs? Does it depend on how much you are taking and which meds?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 11,033 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 5,442 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,533 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 4,773 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,576 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 8,315 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  return to work before my surgery??? Pambud96 5 9,084 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: hurt back
Toungue Why is it legal for prospective employers to ask about any work comp injuries? bodybuilder1958 3 6,958 07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Return to work, different shift. Nebraska conlar58 2 5,212 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: conlar58
  Doctor telling me to return to work??? HH4 3 6,571 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM