Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerns re WC lawyers
Has anyone ever had a problem with a WC lawyer using information posted by an injured employee? I was thrilled to find this forum but nervous about sharing too much. Thanks from KCMO

it depends on what you are going to post.
if you are going to admit and publish information about illegal or fraudulent activity, you probably shouldn't post.

most lawyer's time is too valuable to spend precious hours trolling the internet to match info on the hundreds of claims they are involved with.
most states have tens of thousands of claims each year.
there are almost 200,000 posts on this site alone
the payoff would have to be extremely high to try an ID a particular claim from the bread crumbs of information within the postings.
most of what is posted is not secret information.
the privacy policy of this site prohibits them from releasing information to others.
obviously those that don't have secrecy concerns post here and those that do, don't post.
consider these facts and decide for yourself.

investigators can get far more revealing information from facebook, myspace, and other sites where users give specific identifying information.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171, Amen to that.... Way I see it, if they want to look and take the time to figure out who's who so be it... This forum isnt on how to cheat the wc system, I feel its great info on how they will try to cheat us as injured workers in return teaches us how to prepare.. I can gaurantee 90% of us (injured workers) could give 2 hoots if they read what we post.. I could care less.......

thank you both for your reply. I feel betrayed by my employer of 13 years as well as WC. I'm glad I found this site and will feel better about posting more openly from here on out.

I haven't seen any issues with this type of forum. I have had IC lawyers come up with some interesting tidbits from MySpace or Facebook in regard to some of my clients. Not to be overly blunt, but don't post information in a public forum if you do not want the public to see it.

(02-21-2011, 10:37 AM)JnetM Wrote: thank you both for your reply. I feel betrayed by my employer of 13 years as well as WC. I'm glad I found this site and will feel better about posting more openly from here on out.
you're welcome.
share what you can; help and support when you are able; ask for what you need.

Shy
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(02-21-2011, 10:37 AM)JnetM Wrote: thank you both for your reply. I feel betrayed by my employer of 13 years as well as WC. I'm glad I found this site and will feel better about posting more openly from here on out.

I know how you feel I was with my company 15 years and feel they let me down but after fighting now for 7 years Im not afraid to post anything. You have right to get answers as well.

Keep your posts plain and simple. If you feel more comfortable doing so, do it as second party, Ie, posting for a friend, etc.
Never mention a name, or employer in your posts, nor the insurer of the employer, and you should feel safe

As in anything, anything you put in print, can find it's way back to you at some point, so print only what you wish to share in an open forum

Also, no need to give specifics like "I was injured as a stock Clerk for WallMart on Set 3 2014". My work comp carrier is ....." I am 28 years old and live in .... No one needs to write specifics of how when where they were injured, their insurance carrier, employer, date of injury.

I have heard from a few injured workers over the years that they were identified on forums by their claims adjuster. They wrote specifics about how, when were they were injured. Date of injury, employer, and IC is a given. That does not need to be disclosed.

One injured worker was called by his user name from a forum by the defense attorney, like by accident and he knew the defense attorney was reading his posts. This was at court. I think it is rare, but again no need to disclose who you are on public websites.

You do not want the defense to know your legal strategies etc. That is why I would definitely NOT give specifics about your case while open on any public website. (JMO)

The nice thing about this site is you can go back and delete things from past posts.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WC Lawyers - Can you have two different lawyers on your Case? MrChicago 3 1,142 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  back injured and lawyers are not helping 2tired2care 3 3,703 10-22-2014, 01:08 AM
  Changing Lawyers Scooter123 9 6,275 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Lawyers wont help me! Why?Texas millerrocks 1 2,536 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM
  Hello New here. Concerns. gjgkerrtx 2 2,015 12-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Commutation and lawyers Hopping Along 7 5,892 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
  My lawyers advice, is it correct? HadEnuffAlready 4 4,845 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Last Post: gba2011
  My lawyers aid bronco54501 1 3,493 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  IN CA wants to change lawyers kjoy368 5 9,979 06-27-2010, 11:52 AM
  Settlement/Serious Concerns About Agreement Netta 5 6,677 06-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Netta