Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feeling a bit harassed (minnesota)
i was injured 1/25 from catching a client from falling on a slippery/flooded bathroom floor (been broken for over a year, despite numerous requests to fix it, they're only getting around to it now..)

well, i see a chiropractor and an MD, and he actually wrote my chiropractor out as a prescription so WC has to cover both. i didn't even know that was possible, but it was nice.

i've been doing lift tests (my job description says "occasionally lifting over 50lbs" but it's more like 150lbs every shift) and i took one on Monday that said I could only lift 20lbs w/out a lot of pain. for some reason, one MD (the clinic i go to is for WC so i can see any that are available) released me to work with zero restrictions. I considered that a huge mistake on their part to contradict their own lift test findings, so i went in to request copies of the lift test. when they saw the MD removed my restrictions, they told me to wait and see the doc again. i did, and they put back on my restrictions and the doc added "no sitting for more than 25% of the time" added because they gave me computer work they expected 8 hours a day and it was causing horrible pain.

well, my job has been extremely rude, they refuse to let me work with clients that don't require lifting (i have a second job doing that, and i've been able to do it as normal), have brought me into meetings to tell me i have a "bad attitude" about getting injured (after asking for safety equipment for months, yes, i'm upset, but i had only met this supervisor once), and have been texting/calling/leaving voicemail saying things are mandatory that aren't. they also cashed out ALL of my PTO illegally, would not let me have a lunch break when i came in for all day training and are pretty much saying that if i have to work my other job, and they want me to use those hours to do some random training that has nothing to do with my job, that i am being uncooperative.

not 5 minutes after i handed my latest restrictions in at work, the woman from the insurance company called me and she was irate. she had said she would only go by the MD so my chiropractor's notes don't matter and that she was refusing to pay for him any longer. i told her he was now prescribed and i had the right to choose him as my doctor. she was raising her voice and pretty much accusing me of lying about everything, saying that my case and all of my paperwork was "suspicious" and she was going to do something about it. she also said she was going to call the doctor that released me, but wouldn't talk to any of the doctors that said there is no way i should be released. then i get my WC check and i find out she shorted me money. when i called her about that, she argued, then she admitted she owes me at least $50 and then accused me of not going to trainings that i was supposed to go to (which i did, so either she's just being a jerk or my supervisor is lying to her) and she keeps implying that i should be doing things outside of my restrictions so that she doesn't have to pay my missed wages anymore.

i had talked to the MN department of labor and they said there was nothing suspicious about my case, but their actions seem fishy.

do all employers react like this? do all insurance companies act like that?

i wasn't even sure if i should go for WC for it or sue them because the injury happened due to hazardous conditions that we had asked them to fix multiple times.

i don't really know what to do about the way they are treating me because i filed for WC.

sounds like you should stop dealing with the carrier and employer directly and use an atty.
it's more difficult to "sue" for safety violations.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

my injury was cause by an unsafe work area that I had filed paper work on 2 or 3 weeks before I got hurt. Two different safety people came out and looked the area over and both said it was unsafe but nothing was done. Nothing a lawyer would do about it even with all the supporting paperwork I had with my reports and what the safety people even said. OSHA might be able to do something but you would not get any money out of it

if your place of work has WC you cant sue them you can call OSHA but if they are fined OSHA gets the bucks you dont....like 1171 said get a lawyer....but I dont think your gonna be happy with what hes got to tell you either.....WC is a long process and no one gets rich....they worry at you like a dog with a bone...Good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I want to no if I am covered on my break?

you should start a new thread so as not to confuse other readers.

it depends on what you were doing and where you were but generally yes.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

trex go to the bottom of this page, on the right side of the screen there is information where you can do a search to locate a work comp attorney.

You need an attorney NOW!!

i just contacted a lawyer for a consultation (thank you guys for the replies! i wish i had internet access at home) because i just got a letter in the mail from my supervisor saying if i don't call her back by monday (she mailed the letter yesterday and i got it today.... saturday) that she will consider it my resignation. i've only met this woman once before my injury (i got injured the very next day) and she has been just horrible toward me ever since. i don't get what her issue is, but i am sick of the way they are treating me since i filed (i've NEVER had any trouble at work before, the only time i've been called into the office before was for my old supervisor to apologize to me for the way another co-worker had acted).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QME panel received - feeling lost, help!! Palida 14 4,790 10-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Palida
  Office/Desk Job in PA... Cervical Herniation... Feeling Overwhelmed with what to do Sadie8 6 4,577 01-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Sadie8
  feeling helpless.... rob1121 1 2,365 04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question i'm not sure what to do (minnesota) trex 5 3,626 04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Last Post: trex
Big Grin Mandatory Mediation & A Good Feeling TripleP 2 7,324 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  employer harassed me into quitting pssalazar 11 14,201 03-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Last Post: pssalazar
  cant move my left arm have no feeling mel1980 1 4,998 10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Last Post: mel1980