Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AME/Insurance question
you'll never get enough to live on.
with anything less then 100 % you are expected to return to some form of employment.
you should also have a training voucher.
if your permanent disability rating is over 70% the weekly rate might increase to $270 and there is a 15% increase if you are not offered modified work.
you should also look into SSDI.
you expect too much.
it was only set up as a safety net not a replacement for working.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I guess you are right. I am expecting too much to take care of my family.
At 20%, I am waiting on what kind of work I can do without the use of my upper body and one good leg. Still waiting what they come up with.
The training voucher is on hold because the AME's depo needs to be done first, so there's a 6 month wait there.
They will not increase my PD because of waiting on the AME's depo, though work stated there is no modified work available. But I still have to wait.
SSDI has been denied time and again (expected) and filed another appeal.
Just courious. Respectfully, how am I expecting too much?

yes, you may have to wait but it's not forever.

6 months is only the depo time. benefit payment could be longer.

they can't hold up the whole voucher amount as a good part of your PD rating is not in dispute. any rating over 50% entitles you to $10K in training.
if you need immediate access to your voucher $$ you should make a demand and get to court if they refuse.
PD advances are a bit different as they may have a reasonable basis for thinking a change in the AME opinion might drop your rating below 70%.

you seem to be expecting the employer to make you whole or almost --just like the injury never happened.

comp law is "no fault" and based on the idea that both the employee and the employer bare the burden of the effects of the injury. both have to pay.
it is not based on civil negligence law.

financially, life changes dramatically with any serious injury.
workers comp insurance was never set up to change that; just lessen the severity.

Permanent Partial Disability was not meant to replace wages but to supplement your new earnings that will likely be reduced due to lasting effects of the injury.

many workers lives were destroyed financially & physically before insurance was mandatory.
comp insurance attempted to improve things.

it's always easier for the mind to compare now to the way things were, rather then imagine how much worse it could have been.
that often leads to depression and anger.

if that's happening to you, you should discuss it with your doctor and get a referral for counseling.
those are common aftereffects of serious injury and many avoid dealing with it.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  insurance carrier question BooBoosNeck 1 3,083 08-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  question about health insurance puppygirl 6 4,210 09-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Question for Attorney Timothy Belt. Also, information about Bad Faith Insurance, etc Wink 14 10,237 08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dsny1mom