Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACKK AND SHOULDER INJURY AND REINJURED AT WORK
HURT BACK AND SHOULDER AT WORK FROM HEAVY LIFTING, I AM ON WORK RESTRICTIONS AT THIS TIME STARTED WORK CONDITIONING PROGRAM THE OTHER DAY , I ALREADY HAVE A WC ATTORNEY, THE OTHER DAY AT WORK A CHAIR FELL OFF THE FRIG AND HIT ME IN THE HEAD AND MY BAD SHOULDER NO ONE AT WORK SEEMED TO CARE , I WROTE DOWN WHAT HAPPENED NO ONE HAS BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN I AM WONDERING WHAT I SHOULD DO CALL MY DOCTOR ?, TOLD MY ATTORNEYS SECRETARY, SHOULDER STARTING TO HURT , I WAS DOING WELL AFTER CORTISONE SHOTS IN THAT SHOULDER NOW I FEEL I AM BACK TO SQUARE ONE, RECENTLY HAD EPIDURAL AND SI JOIINT INJECTION I HAVE HAD TWICE THEY ARE TELLING ME I HAVE A SI JOINT DYSFUCNTION WHICH I AGREE, MY PT GUY AT WORK CONDITIONING IS MAKING ME DO HEAVY LIFTING THAT IS REALLY PUTTING A STRAIN ON ME SHOULD I BE NOT WORKING OUT OF MY WEIGHT RESTRICTION THERE? PT GUY SPENT MOST OF THE DAY HE KEPT SMACKING MY HANDS TELLING ME I COULD NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING I REALLY FELT LIKE I WAS IN THE FIRST GRADE AGAIN ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

REQUEST DIFFERENT THERAPIST
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Like 1171 said get a different therapist.

I too ended up getting hurt by a bad therapist. When I refused to do the exercises he wanted me to he told me not to come back. I went to my doctor and he immediately sent me to a different facility. There I found out that I wasn't recovering properly because the original therapist failed to notice the main muscle in my knee wasn't working properly.

Let your doctor know that your therapist is wanting you to do exercises not approved by him.

I hope you filed a different WC injury from the chair incident.

Take care,
BB

You need to file a complaint a with the rehab center against the physical therapist.
The complaint will go before the board of directors for review, and as the others said find another rehab center.

This therapist smacking your hand is physical abuse and the statement he made is verbal abuse.

[
b]Stop Screaming [/b]
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Yes you need to file a new claim....I had same thing happen with having trouble and chronic pain in my neck then got reinjuried again and had to do a new claim....comp will of course pay you at the rate of your prior claim but refile.....I was also hurt by a pt guy many many yrs ago when I was being seen for my back...I was doing what was called a prayer stretch and I complained my arm was going numb from stretching too far and pt guy said to stop being a baby and pushed me down further with his hand and my whole arm when numb and was floppping...finally when he saw my arm was flopping he took me serious...I went to my doc had mri and ended up with a small rotator tear in shoulder...comp included that injury in my case since it happend at pt and long road ahead to heal that tear cause I wouldn't allow surgery, surgery makes it worse by the way n I knew this.....I wanted to sue the jerk but no other pt person would go against him n lawyer I had sucked back 20 yrs ago....got squat for it....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need suggestions from work injury Kman3605 3 1,766 09-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Shoulder Injury-GA educatorgirl 4 1,928 05-05-2017, 05:52 PM
  RSD/CRPS from work injury DMP1983 2 4,581 06-16-2016, 12:11 AM
  Right shoulder injury Wiscnsin march383 1 1,808 04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
  Is it legal to be obligated to use my paid vacation/sick off for work related injury? linwan 2 5,227 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MarylandWorkInjuryLawyer
  Reinjured pend hearing Oregon Katiedid 1 1,567 03-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my personal time for work related injury? OFilippov 1 3,754 08-22-2015, 01:55 PM
  Returnig to work after an injury California_Help 3 9,410 05-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  can i get a second surgery from work comp due to re-injury during post -op linemanmjk 4 8,065 02-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Last Post: linemanmjk
  Injury while out on work comp Ny state chris T 1 3,393 12-07-2014, 12:51 PM