Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fututre Medical..Possible buyout?
I live in Idaho..Any thoughts on future medical amounts after a 2level discectomy w/fusion and hardware..I know it depends on each diff person and recovery..Just looking for ballpark figures here...I do know that for me up to know theres been huge doctors bills, plus surgery ect. And to even think about adding a lawyer to the mix wanting 25% of any new money or lump sum buyout I need to know some ballpark figures to see if it even makes sense to hire an attorney ir handle things myself

you keep asking the same question.....the answer is gonna be the same we dont know....its gonna depend on what rating you get from the Dr....have you got that yet? That is where a lawyer comes in... the IC will send you 2 their Drs for a rating they will give you a 10% which is worth maybe 3-5 thousand dollars (no I am not kidding) your Lawyer will send you to his which will give you another rating and then you will hopefully meet somewhere in the middle.....It will depend on how good your lawyer is....dont wanna pay a good lawyer take your 3-5 thousand and be happy...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(02-04-2011, 04:34 PM)ttguns Wrote: I live in Idaho..Any thoughts on future medical amounts after a 2level discectomy w/fusion and hardware..I know it depends on each diff person and recovery..Just looking for ballpark figures here...I do know that for me up to know theres been huge doctors bills, plus surgery ect. And to even think about adding a lawyer to the mix wanting 25% of any new money or lump sum buyout I need to know some ballpark figures to see if it even makes sense to hire an attorney ir handle things myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to hard to tell, everyone varries differently... But I can tell you I got 6% for my shoulder/arm nerve dammage, ins by state law had to pay me ppd and that totaled around 12,000.. But again, different state and maybe the ins was in a good mood, who knows...

from the link i gave you in the prior post:
"After you are medically stationary, the insurer is responsible for future medical services with some limitations. The insurer is responsible to cover the costs of compensible medical services such as prescription drugs, diagnostic care, life-preserving care, and some other services related to your accepted conditions. Some medical costs are not covered after you are medically stationary. Check with the insurer to find out what services are covered. Palliative care, a medical service that makes you feel better but doesn’t heal your condition, is covered if you are working and need the care to continue working or while you attend vocational training. This care is covered only if approved by the insurer or the Workers’ Compensation Division. Curative care may also be covered because of your accepted conditions."

discuss these questions with your doctor and :

add up your yearly doctor visit costs
add up your yearly diagnostic costs
add up your yearly Rx costs
add in any other annual maintenance costs
multiply by the number of years expected to be needed
add any one-time special evaluations, PT, any supplies, possible surgeries, etc.
take the present value @ 3% interest
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medical Buyout Hank and Penny 2 1,148 02-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Please help us guardianship or POA buyout case Palmers 2 853 10-04-2018, 11:46 AM
  medical release/buyout? and/ or fight for medical ongoing sahshah 44 37,422 05-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA-Buyout Of Medical SickOfTheProcess 11 9,499 12-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Last Post: SickOfTheProcess
  QUESTION? Medical buyout in CA katkat 1 2,857 09-21-2014, 04:22 PM
  CA: Compromise & Release or Buyout bellabri287 1 6,930 11-29-2012, 04:41 AM
  future medical buyout janisb 7 17,485 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Last Post: admin
  Medical Buyout - Cali MrsMitch 1 5,080 03-22-2010, 04:18 PM
  employee buyout? pensfan 16 11,585 10-15-2009, 12:27 PM