Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hands
Very touching! Thank you for sharingSmile
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Chris..Thank you for the beautiful story..it is so true. I also miss my Grandma so much.

Copied the story for my husband...as he lost his Mother at the age of 47 and his Grandma 2 months later. His Dad died at the age of 65 and we did play the song "Daddy Hands" at his funeral.

Chris...Your RSD affects your hands? Is it in both hands....I just got to thinking about a cream that one of my Dr's had me try at the very start of my RSD...and where you could use it like a hand cream I would wonder if it would help you. It wasn't just one kind of medication in a cream...it had to be mixed by a Pharmactist. I am even thinking about trying it again....only because the pain is so much worse...and with the other medications I have to wonder would it help. Hope you are doing well.

KS: I too was one of those that never cried. Look at me now!

Spring: RSD in dominant hand and estremity, now mirrowed to other side. Ugh! If you can think of the cream, let me know.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm sitting in the "big city" right now inbetween medical appts. I have spine surgeon consult coming up this afternoon. I'm nervous! Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

I was told about this cream for the first time today. Here is the info on it: Eutectic Mixture of Local Anesthetics (EMLA) cream

http://www.rsds.org/3/clinical_guideline...herapy.pdf

It is on bottom of the pages. I am gonna try it, although the thought of rubbing anything on my foot/leg makes me want to puke.

Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

chrischris Wrote:KS: I too was one of those that never cried. Look at me now!

Spring: RSD in dominant hand and estremity, now mirrowed to other side. Ugh! If you can think of the cream, let me know.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm sitting in the "big city" right now inbetween medical appts. I have spine surgeon consult coming up this afternoon. I'm nervous! Tongue

ChrisChris... I have looked for my bottle of cream...but can't find it...I will call the pharmacy and get the information. I know it had several different things in it. And ketemine was one of them...and the more I read about RSD the more interested I am getting in ketemine. As soon as I get the info I will post it. I know what you mean about the mirroring to the other side. I have been lucky...it hasn't affected my fingers...my wrist somewhat. But mostly in my arm and whole upper body neck and face..and into my other arm down to my elbow. I just told my hubby how thankful I was it wasn't in my fingers...and I pray it doesn't move there. So it does have to be aweful hard on you to write and type....because it is even for me...because of my arms...You have a strong will power. But I guess everyone does that deals with daily pain. So how was the Dr appointment....I know how hard that can be...having to go through and tell the whold process again and again...did he/she know what RSD was....Please say YES.....PM me if you need to. I would love to hear from you again.

Chris...I am going to bring this to the top again...And hope that Sithie see it...she just got the compound cream that I was using I think this week....So I hope she will see this and post what is in it and the percentages. I don't see the Dr for awhile. But I didn't want you to think i have forgotten. If you don't happen to see this post I will get the info...and get if posted...I would love to see if it could help you. By the way I was reading your post above...I love all guts and glory you have to fight your own case...and by what I was reading...you have done your homework and you very much have a handle on what you are doing. You keep up the fight...And please know I am cheering you on...I know you can do it. Keep me updated on how you are doing.

I dont have it yet he will be mailing it to me on Monday. He did call though and it has Ketamine, Gabapentin, and Clonipine in it.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Sithie, When you get the cream, please post the name. It sounds like something worth trying. I would do anything to have some relief of my dominant hand which is in pain 24/7.

Spring, The only reason I'm still not repped is because I've listened to advice from others and came to the understanding that a lawyer is needed in my case, but the timing has to be right. I can't imagine a lawyer putting as much effort and time into managing my claim as I do. Right now, I have the time and it is a fulltime job. There are so many different issues; RSD, Carpal Tunnel, Cervical Spine, separate Stress claim, etc.

When you become repped you lose a lot of the control over your claim, and you can no longer communicate with your Claims Adjuster or the I/C. You become the middle person, and many times having an attorney too soon leaves the I/W with one more person to follow up on and babysit. Most WC attorneys have huge caseloads and don't put a lot of time into each individual case until the end of the case. They can't because they don't have the time.

One cool project I put a lot of work into and just competed today, was to fax to my computer (efax) all my medical records, by doctor and in order by date. I then set up in pdf format a file for each individual medical provider, so I can easily add new reports on an ongoing basis. I've also set up a lot of individual files for other WC stuff. Now everything WC is on my computer and I back it up with a flashdrive. This took a lot of time and organization but it is so worth it. Anyone who's in WC knows how the mountains of papers grow on a daily basis. I'm a newbie compared to many of you and with the RSD predominately in my hands, it is very painful to handle paper. I can take my flashdrive with me to any dr. or legal appt. and plug it into any computer for access. OMG, the possibilities are endless.

BTW, I loved your pics and the dogs are priceless. I have a lab and she's expecting in late Sept. I'll post pics of the pups. My lab is fox red (yellow breed) and the dad is chocolate. I can't wait, and neither can my 1 and 4 year old grandsons. The pups will be ready for adoption at Thanksgiving time.

Hope you all have a good week. I have a busy one with med appts, legal research, etc.
Let Go, and Let God......

WOW what a wonderfull first post that was amazing got me thinking about my Nanny (grandmother) who raised me actually what a wonderfull woman i am going to print this out and send it to her she is 79 and in wonderfull health besides having a sprained arm......anyway that made me shed some tears but also made my pain level less as it makes a outlook on pain and how it could be worse just wanted to bump this up to the top again for new users

Chris,

That was beautiful and so very touching. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I miss my Grandmother dearly as she helped to raise me. God Bless and Take care!

Cajun Hugssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  itchy hands bronco54501 10 7,245 01-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  About the hands Bummer Knees 2 2,431 12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Question? Loss of strength in arms & hands Bummer Knees 10 10,722 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Last Post: red1030
  The ongoing saga of my hands bethsha211 7 3,124 05-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Lilly