Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter weather
Heat wave here as well 35 today, thats the second high since dec 4th. My wife and I went out ice fishing, drove the truck threw some deep drifts to get to the spot. Threw out 4 tip-ups and drilled 2 holes 26 inches deep through the ice right next to our doors of the truck. Didnt catch much but sure was fun to get out of the house...........

Heat wave here today too but its a day too late, my wife fell on the ice last night and had to take her to the ER. Here hip is still killing her but ER doc said nothing looked broke. Not sure when rad doc will double check them but hope they still don't find any breaks. Its my fault because I just can't clean all that ice. my sidewalk has about an inch and a half of frozen ice and snow mixed. Lord I hate my back problem

Manley both quietdude and I have had to accept alot of truths here lately....we now buy dog food in 20 lb sacks instead of 40 or 50 lb sacks...yes its more expensive to buy the smaller ones but we just cant do the bigger ones anymore.....kitty litter the cheap clay litter is good for ice and when it melts the clay litter wont harm your grass.....and the kids have to clear the ice and snow he just cant....thankfully normally that isnt a problem here very often......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Manley I was at the hospital this past week and was told ER is full due to people falling, shortness of breath, and people with heart problems shoveling show.

I have grounded myself the two weeks we have had snow/ice, can't do that this Tuesday as I have a pre-op appointment and I have to be at that appointment. Course that is the day we are to get another round of the white stuff.

Manley give your wife my best, hope she is doing okay.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm suppose to have my second set of medial branch blocks tomorrow but have had 101.5 fever today so I don't think they will do it. Trouble is because WC is being a pain I've had to wait now I need RF for both my left and right side. With them wanting 2 sets of shots the only good thing is the money they are spending to have them done and it's a complete waste of money. Think it's around $800-$1000 a set so thats around $4000 they are spending they could have saved. Plus needed RF around every 9 months to a year that would be allot of money before I die

Well Hell, its coming back. Wednesday is suposse to start out at 36 degrees and fall as the wind blows in. I better not find out who is sending it this far south.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Damn Yankees not shutting their doors AQA
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hey we have always been told to share so enjoy it now and then this summer you can share so of that really hot weather back

I think I found the one patch of black ice in town this morning taking Nate to school. Between loosing control and having my head turn east on a southbound road, getting it under control and sliding west on same street.. I probably slid a total of 100 to 150 feet. Luckily, there were no other cars on the street at that time. Nothing like starting Monday morning with an adrenaline rush !!!

We are under a winter storm watch here for Tuesday night into Wednesday. Expecting another 6 to 8 inches of the white crap with gusting winds taking our temps to 5 to -5 below. But by the weekend, we are supposed to see both days in the 60's.

Nate is mad though, as he is supposed to have his last session of driving Wednesday evening enabling him to get his license next week.. and well.. that just ain't going to happen if we get hit by another storm. They have 5 days from last week to reschedule, so if he's lucky, he will be able to get it in by the end of the month.

So goes the story of my life ~L~

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Man I'm glad no other cars were around you at the time. Hope your week gets better fast

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter is knocking down our door. bronco54501 2 3,202 11-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Winter Storm bronco54501 1 2,371 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  First winter storm of the new year Bummer Knees 10 5,387 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
  Winter storm Bummer Knees 4 3,072 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM
  Old man winter bronco54501 9 5,528 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bronco54501