Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long for settlement?
I live in NJ. I have had a WMI case for almost 9 years. For 3 years now my lawyer has said it will be completed soon. Still waiting, no activity. How long should it take. Is there anything I could do besides keep begging my lawyer. I am a patient person, but it is getting kind of thin...

there is no set time; depends on issues. many states have lifetime benefits.
some states have requirements like an impairment rating before settlement can be approved.
you can change attys at any time; there will be a single fee shared among them.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-31-2011, 02:14 PM)frustrated and disabled Wrote: I live in NJ. I have had a WMI case for almost 9 years. For 3 years now my lawyer has said it will be completed soon. Still waiting, no activity. How long should it take. Is there anything I could do besides keep begging my lawyer. I am a patient person, but it is getting kind of thin...

I'am also injured in NJ since 2002 and have used all 400 week's of ttd.
I had acl reconstruction in 03 and revision in 04 and have been denied
any treatment by the IC since 05, also denied any treatment for L4/L5
herniation. My Doctor has asked for orthovisc and epidural 60+ times
since 05 and all were ignored. Judge ruled on causation and treatment
11/10 and blasted the IC for their non treatment of me for 6 years.
Judge has issued 18 page deceison awarding me all treatment for my knee and back. I know first hand what you are going thru. NJ just seem's to be in no hurry to resolve their wc cases.

Rolleyes 
I was injured in 2010 an still trying to get the OK for an MRI even after labor board agreeing that I did report injury, foreman reported I was injured. It is a wait an see game with them they hope you do something to further your injury to say that is why you are hurt or Die. Best I can say is hold on it will take time like SSDI.

Shy 
[/u]my state Florida

I was injured on before 7 months 2011 work,injured my right arm,neck and back from fall.Report everrything to my supervisor and office right away,made accident report and went to solantic baptist.This is were nightmare began,I was treated only for right arm doctor refusing treating me for back and neck,sending me on mri for shoulder and wrist.I complaint about neck and back and doctor just send me to another occupational doctor who also refuse to treat me for neck and back,treating my shoulder only for sprain/strain.I had to take attorney to fight to send me on mri for back and neck.Mri of neck showed bulging discs and mri of back discogenic pain,after that doctor said that s nothing I m sending you to full duty job after almost 2 months.I was barely walking,I knew something is wrong.During that time I receive only 2 checks from WC.I was unable to go to work so I went to my doctor who put me on medical leave and send me again on mri of back and neck.Mri of back showed annular tear with disc herniation and on neck muscle spasms with hemangioma.With those findings I call insurance company to approve me to go back to solantic and show doctor new findings,they agree.When I got to solantic office manager told me that she spoke with one of the bosses from WC and that they deny my claim in full.I end up on surgery which I had to pay my private insurance didn t want to pay on lumbar spine after Ct scan showed pars fracture on L4-5.After that I receive letter for mediation on which I didn t go because they offer me 15,000 at most 30,000$ and I m scheduled for 2 nd surgery not to mention that all of their mri reports were piece of s....,do not ever trust what they write in the mri reports at least that was my case.I took 1st and 2nd reading and send to 3 reading to experts in radiology Radiia and they basically agree with second opinion regarding mri s,comparing those 1 st from workers comp.saying that nothing is wrong.They treated me from the beginning totally wrong.I have supraspinatus and bursitis plus bone contusion on shoulder,neck cervical lordosis(muscle spasms) with spondylosis and lumbar L4-5 herniated disc with annular tear and pars fracture.I am scheduled for October for administrative hearing because the WC still denying my benefits saying it s not work related.I know I don t wan t to settle because I have now major problems with back and right arm,I just want to know what happens after administrative hearing will they start paying my benefits and all my bills or I will have to proceed to trial?Thank You

it's easier to track responses if you start your own thread.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long story- attorney suggests proposing settlement before qme zzebra 11 39,720 09-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Bamagirl
Toungue How long does it usually take after IME to get your settlement in the state of WA? davnlar99 4 8,111 09-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Settlement and not what will help in the long run jeepstang 8 8,712 02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Settlement taking too long 2blessed 1 6,856 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
  how long does it take to get a settlement norma 1 14,758 08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
  How long do I have to wait for settlement after Therapy, QME's Eval and Deposition? chicky 11 56,117 08-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Last Post: kong
  how long does settlement take? gritt 3 9,506 10-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Last Post: nursedina