Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unexpected settlement numbers
I was awarded 225 ppd payments i recieved all of the ppd payments in full. A year later i settle my medical portion of the claim. The indeminty portion was agread for 100,000.00 minus lawyer fees brings it to 93,000.00 thats fine

where i was thrown off by the numbers is were there asking for a credit of 50,000.00 for the ppd award that has already been paid to me

the houndred thousand was reached by them calcalating my life expectancy from this point forward.

why are they asking for the 225 ppd payments back

the benefits you are eligible for and that you've bought out depend on your state. each state is different.
what state jurisdiction is your claim controlled by?
you didn't put that information in your post or profile.

the settlement papers should state what credits will be taken out of the amount written as the settlement amount.
your atty also should have explained the terms.

why did you think you'd get more PD then your rating allowed?
do you know how much your rating was worth?
what did you think the extra money was for?
was it stated in the settlement documents?

in califonia in non-death cases the only indemnity benefits are TD & PD. what other indemnity benefits does your state have that you thought you were getting paid for?

in california pd payments prior to court award or settlement approval are called PD advances; meaning they will credited against the final amount determined.
your state may have a similar designation or notificication.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-29-2011, 12:19 PM)1171 Wrote: the benefits you are eligible for and that you've bought out depend on your state. each state is different.
what state jurisdiction is your claim controlled by?
you didn't put that information in your post or profile.

the settlement papers should state what credits will be taken out of the amount written as the settlement amount.
your atty also should have explained the terms.

why did you think you'd get more PD then your rating allowed?
do you know how much your rating was worth?
what did you think the extra money was for?
was it stated in the settlement documents?

in california pd payments prior to court award or settlement approval are called PD advances; meaning they will credited against the final amount determined.
your state may have a similar designation or notificication.

The state is MD.
Thank you for your reply the atty did not explain anything regarding the ppd payments. rating is 45 percent

if you believe there was deceit or fraud you can try to get the settlement overturned.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-29-2011, 01:27 PM)1171 Wrote: if you believe there was deceit or fraud you can try to get the settlement overturned.

No i do not believ e there was deceit or fraud I just did not fully understand the ppd credit and its the weekend i have to wait untill monday to talk to the lawyer Thank you for your help. I was hoping to get some info about this before monday if this is what its supposed to be then its ok i just was not expecting to see the deduction

have your copy of the settlement papers ready when you talk to your atty as the wording should be in there as to what is deducted.
you should know the value of your PD and should have been paid your pd
since medical is part of the msa there shouldn't be anything extra.
they will not pay your pd twice.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unexpected W/C Claim praders1 2 2,581 07-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Last Post: 1171
  power in numbers lostinconnecticut 7 3,874 12-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Last Post: vickinat
  power in numbers lostinconnecticut 2 2,082 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jayne