Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wise
Is it wise for me to give my doctors the report I received from the doctor insurance co sent me to for another opinion?
Just wondering if it is a good move or bad move?
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

I believe if w/c is Paying for the Second Opinion, a copy of your First Opinion will be sent to them. Or they may request the Report from You. If they don't ask for the Report, my opinion only, I would not give it to them so I could get an unbiased view of how the Second Opinion Dr. Feels. But if they ask you for the Records you have to give them to the Dr. Good Luck, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

Still in Limbo Wrote:I believe if w/c is Paying for the Second Opinion, a copy of your First Opinion will be sent to them. Or they may request the Report from You. If they don't ask for the Report, my opinion only, I would not give it to them so I could get an unbiased view of how the Second Opinion Dr. Feels. But if they ask you for the Records you have to give them to the Dr. Good Luck, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

Oh workmans comp got a copy before me and never sent me one, I requested it two weeks later.
The doctors report I have is from the second dr. (I assume unbiased)
My doctors who are treating me I dont think has a copy, I was wondering if I give it to my doctor will he start treating me or change his diagnosis to agree with thiers. The second doctor agrees with almost everything my doctor says except my broken arm.
I don't want my doctor to stop treating the pain in my arm and elbow
where my break was because of this report.
Does this make sense. Sometimes this gets so confusing I am not sure I put it down correctly.

Big Grinlet the doctor decide. you can bring it with you and ask if they want it.Shy
WinkIf there are discrepancies note them in writing on a separate sheet.
who knows the doctor might put them in their report.Smile
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I do think you have an attorney, so let the attorney decide...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I do think you have an attorney, so let the attorney decide...

Well that won't work but thanks for your words of wisdom.

Thank you that makes sense and it helps me.

The Insurance Company sent you to their Doctor called an IME Doctor. Their Doctor does not treat you, but only voices their Medical Opinion.

My Attorney states, that an injured worker should have a medical evaluation from their treating Doctor right after an IME was performed. Then you can give your Doctor the IME report, and let you Doctor make comment to the the IME report and send that to your Attorney.

That has always been the safest way that I ever known to Date.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:The Insurance Company sent you to their Doctor called an IME Doctor. Their Doctor does not treat you, but only voices their Medical Opinion.

My Attorney states, that an injured worker should have a medical evaluation from their treating Doctor right after an IME was performed. Then you can give your Doctor the IME report, and let you Doctor make comment to the the IME report and send that to your Attorney.

That has always been the safest way that I ever known to Date.

Sorry, Hit the wrong button.

Thank you very much, wish I would have been told by my attorney .
Hopefully after my meeting today with new attorney I will start to understand and learn what I need to do.
Last time I saw my doctor was in May, saw second opinion doctor in June,
I made an appointment on the 29th.
I will see if the new attorney mentions this advice, it will weigh heavy as to whether I hire him or not

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IC has no expert witness or other wise! lefty 6 6,247 03-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Last Post: lefty
  Question for the wise ones grumpyone 2 2,452 06-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jayne