Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injection site injury
I filed a claim for an injury that arose during my yearly employee physical - an injection site injury with serious repercussions. Has anyone been down this road? my injury is real, but is causing raised eyebrows.

(01-27-2011, 01:59 AM)jblarson53 Wrote: I filed a claim for an injury that arose during my yearly employee physical - an injection site injury with serious repercussions. Has anyone been down this road? my injury is real, but is causing raised eyebrows.

Wouldn't a claim be made against whoever gave the medical care rather than an on-the-job injury?

I think more information would need to be know before we could help in any way
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Allot more info and details will be needed

(01-27-2011, 01:59 AM)jblarson53 Wrote: I filed a claim for an injury that arose during my yearly employee physical - an injection site injury with serious repercussions. Has anyone been down this road? my injury is real, but is causing raised eyebrows.

as long as it's only raised eyebrows you're in good shape.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

flu vaccine given in inappropriate part of shoulder, ensuing limited range of motion, reported twice, "dismissed" as "this could not be related to your flu shot". Sought help thru my PCP. Now conservative measures have failed, MRI shows supraspinatus tendon tear (kinda where the medical personnel stuck the needle), need surgery. I am covered through my health insurance but filed a WC claim to protect job and further coverage for my shoulder. I am expecting this to me a rough ride as it's an unusual injury. Has anyone heard of this kinda injury?

(01-29-2011, 09:49 PM)jblarson53 Wrote: flu vaccine given in inappropriate part of shoulder, ensuing limited range of motion, reported twice, "dismissed" as "this could not be related to your flu shot". Sought help thru my PCP. Now conservative measures have failed, MRI shows supraspinatus tendon tear (kinda where the medical personnel stuck the needle), need surgery. I am covered through my health insurance but filed a WC claim to protect job and further coverage for my shoulder. I am expecting this to me a rough ride as it's an unusual injury. Has anyone heard of this kinda injury?

I spent several years in the medical field. I've given flu shots and other injections more times than I can ever count. I have never heard of this kind of injury due to a needle. The length of the needle alone prevents this possibility. Not only that, it's just too small.

Now, as I understand it, this is related to the rotator cuff...the shoulder area. That usually happens due to a fall or repetitive use. If your job requires you to use it repetitively, then you might have a case.

When you file WC that does not protect your job as much as you might think. Unless you are in a union FMLA will only protect your job for 12 weeks. Now they can't fire you because you filed a WC claim but there many other reasons they can come up with so be careful

you'll need supporting medical evidence that the injection was the cause.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-29-2011, 10:22 PM)cynatnite Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 09:49 PM)jblarson53 Wrote: flu vaccine given in inappropriate part of shoulder, ensuing limited range of motion, reported twice, "dismissed" as "this could not be related to your flu shot". Sought help thru my PCP. Now conservative measures have failed, MRI shows supraspinatus tendon tear (kinda where the medical personnel stuck the needle), need surgery. I am covered through my health insurance but filed a WC claim to protect job and further coverage for my shoulder. I am expecting this to me a rough ride as it's an unusual injury. Has anyone heard of this kinda injury?

I spent several years in the medical field. I've given flu shots and other injections more times than I can ever count. I have never heard of this kind of injury due to a needle. The length of the needle alone prevents this possibility. Not only that, it's just too small.

Now, as I understand it, this is related to the rotator cuff...the shoulder area. That usually happens due to a fall or repetitive use. If your job requires you to use it repetitively, then you might have a case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sweating after injection. vickinat 16 48,881 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  How long does it take to get approval from IC for a injection ca/wa what next 1 3,840 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: 1171
  can steroid injection make you worse.. sand3rd 7 34,879 06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  hardware injection inpainokla 10 16,596 05-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: bear31255
  steroid injection davidgary 4 5,983 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  hardware injection inpainokla 8 8,787 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Lumbar Epidural Injection and Nervous st. clare 6 12,311 12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  web site? littlenurse54 2 3,378 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM