Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return to Work and symptoms are worst
if you have a lawyer ask him to go with you or send someone from his office with you....or to have the meeting at his office....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Never worry about venting on here because I'm sure most if not all of us have done it and we understand. I know it sure helps me sometimes to vent on here. For your question on 2 MRI's that not out of place. If I remember right I have had 3 over the course of my injury but now that I have a SCS no more for me. Depending on the time between them they could be rechecking an area or including more then they did they first time. They could also be adding contrast this time, things like that.

Thanks for the ADA info. I started to read what might be pertinent to me. You made some good points.
I will let you know what happen. We are meeting next week.

(01-26-2011, 02:21 AM)1171 Wrote: make sure you are aware of your rights under ADAs reasonable accommodation law before meeting with your employers.
http://www.ada.gov/

you may wish to have someone else present.
it helps avoid the "she said- he said" situations when there's third party present in the room.
also you don't want to be confronted in a 3 on 1 situation----
it'll even the odds and give you a little moral support, even if they can't contribute to the discussion.
be prepared to leave a written statement of your objections with them.
follow up the meeting with brief written summary of what happened and send it to your employer.
don't let their documentation be the only one.
if think you'll be fired and will want to appeal prepare now for what you'll need after the meeting.

just a few suggestions.

Thanks for the ADA info and the adviceSmile

(01-26-2011, 02:21 AM)1171 Wrote: make sure you are aware of your rights under ADAs reasonable accommodation law before meeting with your employers.
http://www.ada.gov/

you may wish to have someone else present.
it helps avoid the "she said- he said" situations when there's third party present in the room.
also you don't want to be confronted in a 3 on 1 situation----
it'll even the odds and give you a little moral support, even if they can't contribute to the discussion.
be prepared to leave a written statement of your objections with them.
follow up the meeting with brief written summary of what happened and send it to your employer.
don't let their documentation be the only one.
if think you'll be fired and will want to appeal prepare now for what you'll need after the meeting.

just a few suggestions.

Hi, forgive me Shy I'm still learning how to do replies correctly.
Thanks for the ADA info. I started to read what might be pertinent to me. You made some good points.
I will let you know what happens. We are meeting next week.
Update: Did not meet with supervisors this week due to the airport shutdown in NY(snow, sleet, rain...ugh) ...but will keep you posted on the outcome. They will be flying in next week - unless we have another snowstorm on Tues...hehehe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida wc, doc ignoring symptoms Hex021210 2 773 09-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 11,092 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 5,475 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,544 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
  Getting answers when the cause of symptoms is unclear horizon 5 3,633 06-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,591 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 8,321 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  return to work before my surgery??? Pambud96 5 9,100 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Return to work, different shift. Nebraska conlar58 2 5,218 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: conlar58
  Doctor telling me to return to work??? HH4 3 6,584 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM