Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, work comp.
Hi All,

Think very seriously about these questions before you answer. Think long and hard and then pass it on to your lawyer, your doctor, your state.

1) What percentage of work comp patients never fully recover due to delayed or denied treatment?

2) Has your original injury gotten worse due to lack, delayed or denied treatment?

3) Do you have other body that are now affected because of a lack of treatment, delayed or denied treatment?

Okay my answers:
1) I'd say roughly 15%
2) I had a minor problem, now a major one, so yes, definitely.
3) Yes, right knee, left hip.

Just something to think about.
BB1958

You know its hard to say for sure I bet in allot of cases. In mine I reported injury right away but they didn't get me in to see doctor for about a month. Yes I went to the medical department at work everyday and they put heat on my back 2 times a day. Then when I did see the doctor he sent me to a PT place to look at me and ordered a home exercise progam with NO follow up. After a few weeks of that he said I had a lower back strain and needed to see my own doctor if I wanted anything more done with it. Worked with only the medical department saying to be careful and was dogged by boss on the floor while this was going on. Now the big question did this cause me more problems because of the delay in treatment? Who know but I'm now on SSDI and still fighting after 5 years with WC. I've asked my doctor about this in the past but no real answer and I feel that is because it would be a very hard question to answer. Now I'm like what I think most have done in this case and be mad as heck at WC because you think if this did cause me to never return to work they should be paying me big money but then after time you come to decide they are never going to really pay you for the loss to your life and the pain you will go thru the rest of your life. What about things like I can't go out and mow my yard or clean off the drive after a good snow. Most people think this is just us complaining but stop and think about all the things we can't do sometime and maybe you will see why. They never pay for everything it costs you for your injury and when you think about did the delay cause this or not you really want o get the answer

I know the delays cost me my job and my health...in the end it cost them $$$$$ but the same rules that fined them for not getting me timely care are now not on the books anymore for the next person that gets hurt......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-17-2011, 09:52 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Hi All,

Think very seriously about these questions before you answer. Think long and hard and then pass it on to your lawyer, your doctor, your state.

1) What percentage of work comp patients never fully recover due to delayed or denied treatment?

2) Has your original injury gotten worse due to lack, delayed or denied treatment?

3) Do you have other body that are now affected because of a lack of treatment, delayed or denied treatment?

Okay my answers:
1) I'd say roughly 15%
2) I had a minor problem, now a major one, so yes, definitely.
3) Yes, right knee, left hip.

Just something to think about.
BB1958

Delayed treatment for me.
After 2.5 years found out I had a torn disc.
Radiologist failed to put in report. Instead I had a clean MRI.
Dumb me didn't know most Doctors go off those reports and never look at the film.
I will hopefully be approved another MRI and see if I have more damages. Physical I know the answer to that one!
There is so much to think about.
The system is broken.
It's hard to find Doctors who will take w.c.
W.C. is time consuming for the Doctors offices.
I guess I was bless getting denials because no telling where the next injection would of been.
But being in severe pain didn't feel like it at the time.
If I was given treatment no telling how long this would of kept going on.

I believed in my very first doctor, not doing an MRI was saving money, but I never, ever dreamed that he would go against the standard of care by doing an improper procedure. The hospital I worked for hushed things up, I wasn't allowed to talk to the scrub who assisted in my case. He was actually threatened with his job if he talked to me even though I worked with his girlfriend. See this surgeon did a one portal arthroscopy instead of the standard 3-4 port. He missed the tear in my meniscus and created a synovial fistula which got infected, which he also ignored until I got mad.

Hopefully you'll get approval for another MRI and hopefully you'll get the proper treatment.

In my case they got fined more then the owed me but appealed that and I lost it

Downs I agree with your comment "it is hard to find doctors who will take work comp"

I was sent to a "Back Alley" work comp doctor last April for treatment for the right knee and lumbar spine. I fought going to this doctor because he was my former work comp doctor and I knew I would not receive the care I needed, but in Kansas the insurance company selects the treating physican and my attorney told me I had no choice but to receive treatment with this doctor.

On July 29th, 2010 I was injured by this doctor while he was doing an exam. The doctor was doing a test and pushed down on the top of my head with extreme force then forced my head to turn from side to side. I started having headaches shortly after I left the doctor appointment, with an MRI being done a few days later. I have a herniated disc with pressure on the cord and displaced nerve at C5-6. My pain levels are a 9/10 most the time, my arms are numb most the time and sometimes burning, and I have daily headaches.

I chose not to add the cervical injury to the work comp claim as I wanted to select my own doctor. I am scheduled for an ACDF Februry 14th.

(01-18-2011, 07:18 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: I believed in my very first doctor, not doing an MRI was saving money, but I never, ever dreamed that he would go against the standard of care by doing an improper procedure. The hospital I worked for hushed things up, I wasn't allowed to talk to the scrub who assisted in my case. He was actually threatened with his job if he talked to me even though I worked with his girlfriend. See this surgeon did a one portal arthroscopy instead of the standard 3-4 port. He missed the tear in my meniscus and created a synovial fistula which got infected, which he also ignored until I got mad.

Hopefully you'll get approval for another MRI and hopefully you'll get the proper treatment.

I know what you are talking about. I have heard some stories. I have been tormented by a (QME) I had to see three times. Now that they have found a torn disc they will probably make me see him again!

I have to wait 5 to 6 days(Business days of course)to find out. I get denied so much that I won't believe it if I get approved.

It a good thing you got treatment for your infection and didn't lose a leg.

I seen a (ame) regarding blood clotting disease recently received the report. He said my injuries were minor and the p.e. I suffered in July that in all probility I would of been P&S 30 days later. Eight days of that was in the hospital. I had saddle embolism. DVT and filter placed. I had back pressure to the right side of heart. I guess that was minor too. I had a echo done three months after p.e. Thank you Lord it was normal.
Everything is down played.
Good luck.

(01-18-2011, 07:44 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Downs I agree with your comment "it is hard to find doctors who will take work comp"

I was sent to a "Back Alley" work comp doctor last April for treatment for the right knee and lumbar spine. I fought going to this doctor because he was my former work comp doctor and I knew I would not receive the care I needed, but in Kansas the insurance company selects the treating physican and my attorney told me I had no choice but to receive treatment with this doctor.

On July 29th, 2010 I was injured by this doctor while he was doing an exam. The doctor was doing a test and pushed down on the top of my head with extreme force then forced my head to turn from side to side. I started having headaches shortly after I left the doctor appointment, with an MRI being done a few days later. I have a herniated disc with pressure on the cord and displaced nerve at C5-6. My pain levels are a 9/10 most the time, my arms are numb most the time and sometimes burning, and I have daily headaches.

I chose not to add the cervical injury to the work comp claim as I wanted to select my own doctor. I am scheduled for an ACDF Februry 14th.

(01-18-2011, 08:33 PM)down Wrote:
(01-18-2011, 07:18 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: I believed in my very first doctor, not doing an MRI was saving money, but I never, ever dreamed that he would go against the standard of care by doing an improper procedure. The hospital I worked for hushed things up, I wasn't allowed to talk to the scrub who assisted in my case. He was actually threatened with his job if he talked to me even though I worked with his girlfriend. See this surgeon did a one portal arthroscopy instead of the standard 3-4 port. He missed the tear in my meniscus and created a synovial fistula which got infected, which he also ignored until I got mad.

I know what you are talking about. I have heard some stories. I have been tormented by a (QME) I had to see three times. Now that they have found a torn disc they will probably make me see him again!

I have to wait 5 to 6 days(Business days of course)to find out. I get denied so much that I won't believe it if I get approved.

It a good thing you got treatment for your infection and didn't lose a leg.

I seen a (ame) regarding blood clotting disease recently received the report. He said my injuries were minor and the p.e. I suffered in July that in all probility I would of been P&S 30 days later. Eight days of that was in the hospital. I had saddle embolism. DVT and filter placed. I had back pressure to the right side of heart. I guess that was minor too. I had a echo done three months after p.e. Thank you Lord it was normal.
Everything is down played.
Good luck.

(01-18-2011, 07:44 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Downs I agree with your comment "it is hard to find doctors who will take work comp"

That is so terrible. In California we can choose our Doctor BUT, he has to take w.c. I live in rural California. Then the Doctor has to be willing to do the appeals if necessary. The paperwork is terrible and you have timelines.
I hope that you find some releif soon. Sorry to hear that Doctor did so much damage. Good luck on Valentines Day of all days.

If you have a lawyer then file a complaint to not see that doctor again.
It can be done without a lawyer. Bummer Knees and I are friends, live reasonably close to each other, have the same lawyer. I have let it be known to him that I will not see her last work comp doctor. I had complaints and reservations about him before, knowing what happened to her has put the final nail on the coffin. I would rather jeopardize my case than see him ever again. He did my very first knee scope, did a reasonably good job but there were problems with his attitude and scope of reasonable examinations.

Anyway, we all have our nightmare stories. I thought I was ahead being a medical professional but I wasn't. I prefer to be awake during surgery and the last time I had a knee scope I caught the scrub breaking sterile technique twice. The first time nothing was done, the second time I mentioned it my surgeon saw it as well. Oppsie, former friend, scrub tech assisting my surgeon was thrown out of the OR. Gee, hope he's not there when I finally get my TKR.

Take care,
BB1958

(01-18-2011, 09:22 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: If you have a lawyer then file a complaint to not see that doctor again.
It can be done without a lawyer. Bummer Knees and I are friends, live reasonably close to each other, have the same lawyer. I have let it be known to him that I will not see her last work comp doctor. I had complaints and reservations about him before, knowing what happened to her has put the final nail on the coffin. I would rather jeopardize my case than see him ever again. He did my very first knee scope, did a reasonably good job but there were problems with his attitude and scope of reasonable examinations.

Anyway, we all have our nightmare stories. I thought I was ahead being a medical professional but I wasn't. I prefer to be awake during surgery and the last time I had a knee scope I caught the scrub breaking sterile technique twice. The first time nothing was done, the second time I mentioned it my surgeon saw it as well. Oppsie, former friend, scrub tech assisting my surgeon was thrown out of the OR. Gee, hope he's not there when I finally get my TKR.

Take care,
BB1958

I told the legal secretary all the stuff the (QME) would say. She said HE is trying to get a reaction out of me. Last time I got notice I had to see him again I email secretary and ask if I had to see him. No replied. So I took it to mean no choice.
If I get another notice I will this time have a big issue with it. Thank you I will make a complaint.
I have a brother in law who is a R.N. in California. He is now teaching at the local College R.N. program.
He came to the hospital when I had the p.e. and he helped alot.
The Doctor was so happy that he was right, that yes it was a p.e. that he seem to forget his bedside manner. My oxygen was 74.
I was careflighted to a bigger hospital.
Anyways Brother in law explain the tests and what they meant.I called my oldest son who was out of town working and told him that I loved him and I always did no matter what. Well that didn't go so well. Both crying and it was hard to breathe. So younger son was visiting grandparents by chance and I couldn't call him. I didn't want him to start crying and upset him to. It was hard enough to see my husband crying. He never does.
As the nurses were getting me ready for the flight they would tell me that they were praying for me. That was so kind.

Glad to hear that your former friend is just that. You don't need friends like that. Makes you wonder how many times that happens daily across the country.

Take Care and all we can do is one day at a time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REST IN PEACE - David DePaolo of Work Comp Central 1171 4 5,007 07-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Work comp claim while driving to work Manley2 9 8,805 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
  Disaproving Work Comp Fraud by Dying Bummer Knees 2 5,226 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Differences with personal injury cases and work comp in Kansas Bummer Knees 10 9,751 08-01-2013, 05:41 PM
  Investigator has been signed in complaint against work comp doctor Bummer Knees 23 23,578 03-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Settlement offer on work comp Bummer Knees 21 108,230 01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Tim Self
  Complaint against work comp doctor Bummer Knees 2 11,961 12-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Suprised by the work comp doctor Bummer Knees 8 8,732 07-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Weird work comp stories bodybuilder1958 5 9,907 11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
  Hearing next week on work comp Bummer Knees 11 7,312 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Last Post: mpenny