Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Hardening canceled, Epidural ordered
I am supposed to start a work hardening program tomorrow but my pain has gotten worse. This was worrying me a little. So today, I called and talked to my Orthopedic Dr. and told him about new and worsening symptoms that I have now just from 3 to 4 weeks ago. I told him I had intense pain in my leg(numbness,tingling,stabbing pain) and also had worsening headaches(tension) and neck pain. He said my neck pain had nothing to do with my back injury and that if anything the neck pain would have come first. I told him that I very well could have injured my neck also when I fell and he agreed and said that it would be a good idea to cancel the work hardening and order epidural shot. Does anyone have an idea on what might be the next steps if the epidural shot does not work?

from a liability decision I can see problems related the new back complaints to the original work injury.
make sure the doctors link the two in a written report.
it still may be controverted.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

has a MRI been done on your neck to rule any injuries from your original accident? altho I complained of a headache along with the back in the beginning they were just treating my back it was the poster Bad Boy on here that insisted that I get a MRI on my neck that found the bad discs in my neck....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

If the injection works well then work hardening will continue, but if it dont they may poke and probe you like a voodoo doll untill they find the source that is causing the pain.. As far as the neck goes, I too complained of neck pain from day 1 and severe headaches... even before I was released from hospital.. Wc kept saying I never complained, but they play that way.. To bad for them it was all documented and was from the accident.... Have they done a emg test yet...?

(01-03-2011, 09:53 PM)1171 Wrote: from a liability decision I can see problems related the new back complaints to the original work injury.
make sure the doctors link the two in a written report.
it still may be controverted.

I didn't even think of that 1171! Thanks for the heads-up on that...you know, you should be an Attorney. Smile

(01-03-2011, 10:31 PM)jayne Wrote: has a MRI been done on your neck to rule any injuries from your original accident? altho I complained of a headache along with the back in the beginning they were just treating my back it was the poster Bad Boy on here that insisted that I get a MRI on my neck that found the bad discs in my neck....

Jayne, no MRI yet. I just spoke with the ortho yesterday(briefly). Thanks for that heads-up as well! I will ask him if he can request an MRI on my neck because I really think that my post injury had something to do with the neck pain and headaches. I have never had this pain or problem before. Thanks for the advice. Smile
(01-04-2011, 11:40 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: If the injection works well then work hardening will continue, but if it dont they may poke and probe you like a voodoo doll untill they find the source that is causing the pain.. As far as the neck goes, I too complained of neck pain from day 1 and severe headaches... even before I was released from hospital.. Wc kept saying I never complained, but they play that way.. To bad for them it was all documented and was from the accident.... Have they done a emg test yet...?

Bronco, No emg or MRI on neck yet. What is an EMG? I hope they don't poke and probe me...I'm not into voodoo!..lol...When I see the ortho personally,(Jan 14) I will ask him questions all of you have brought to my attention! Thanks Bronco! Smile

P.S. I use to have a 96 Eddie Bauer edition. Dang I miss that trunk!

I used to have a few 1966, 1969, 1972 and a 1971, they are all early bronco's... Very fun vehicles and had lots of money in them, sold them for a nice downpayment on our house........

Had a Bronco when we lived in Alaska it was awesome we loved going out in it on trails in the winter and summer....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-04-2011, 06:15 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: I used to have a few 1966, 1969, 1972 and a 1971, they are all early bronco's... Very fun vehicles and had lots of money in them, sold them for a nice downpayment on our house........

Awesome man! the older classic body styles are Bad-A**! My friend has a 72 fully restored. Man you were sitting on a gold mine! Smile
[quote='jayne' pid='130308' dateline='1294190647']
Had a Bronco when we lived in Alaska it was awesome we loved going out in it on trails in the winter and summer....
[/quot

Yes Jayne, That is the ultimate SUV to have in a state like ALASKA! Smile I want to go there one day before I get too old. Have you seen that new show Sarah Palins Alaska,its pretty neat.

(01-04-2011, 10:39 PM)jamboski73 Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 06:15 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: I used to have a few 1966, 1969, 1972 and a 1971, they are all early bronco's... Very fun vehicles and had lots of money in them, sold them for a nice downpayment on our house........

Awesome man! the older classic body styles are Bad-A**! My friend has a 72 fully restored. Man you were sitting on a gold mine! Smile
(01-04-2011, 09:24 PM)jayne Wrote: Had a Bronco when we lived in Alaska it was awesome we loved going out in it on trails in the winter and summer....
[/quot

Yes Jayne, That is the ultimate SUV to have in a state like ALASKA! Smile I want to go there one day before I get too old. Have you seen that new show Sarah Palins Alaska,its pretty neat.

They were far from being restored and with all the salt they pour on our roads here they were in pretty good shape... I mis them badly, but some day I will get another.. Infact I baught my 72 from a guy in CO, he had all the bells and whistles on it. He wheeled it in CO and UTAH and after he rolled it of a a small cliff the drivers side was really damaged, he was lucky he had the full cage... Up here the frames rust off before the body so I was able to salvage some parts....... I used to have them posted at classic bronco's, but havenot checked them to see if they are still there..............being injured is depressing enough, looking at them would drive me over the edge.....lol

Yeah man, I'm sure that salt did some damage. Around my parts, we don't have much snow at all, but we do know how to tear one of those bad boys up though...lol!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tie breaker doctor/ exam what is it? Judge ordered both sides see agreed Feelbad 3 1,059 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Cervical Epidural Gone Wrong Babebahn 7 1,993 01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  PA: doctor cancels PT for home PT, will WC be canceled (also new injury) luckydriver 1 1,186 08-28-2017, 01:01 PM
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 41,996 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Work Hardening HELP Livie 8 12,168 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM
  Epidural Lipomatosis hurt back 1 3,305 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
  QUICK HELP - work hardening constantpain 4 5,564 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
  ordered to attend RME by insurance hired doctor brneyedgirl40 18 14,764 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Last Post: brneyedgirl40
  Ordered back to work against doctor's orders Bayan1905 3 8,212 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hurt back
  Had first Epidural last week, got another surprise! bagpussinamerica 0 3,676 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica