Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loss of health benefits or job while on WC?
Hello all. This is my first time here, and i have a question. I was wondering if an employer can terminate health benefits, or terminate an employee while that employee is on workmans comp disability. I have received no notice of either happening, but did get a letter in the mail explaining how to continue health insurance through COBRA. There was a reference to involountary termination effective dec 31st. I live in Georgia, the accident happened in West Virginia, and the company that employs me is in Oregon. Please let me know where i can find the answer to my question. So far, i have turned up nothing on the internet. I am a hard worker, and a good employee. I'm not some freeloading bottom feeder looking to scam the system.Thanks for the help Smile

workers comp does not include health benefits.
if your employment is covered by the Family & Medical Leave Act they are required to offer you COBRA to continue health coverage.
having a workers comp claim does not give worker immunity from termination.
FMLA prevents employers for terminating workers who have been off work for 12 or more weeks.
workers comp coverage is controlled by your residence or the state where the injury occurred.

more on FMLA here
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paying More for Health Benefits HadEnuffAlready 1 2,318 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Loss of benefits jimmyo1 0 2,002 10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jimmyo1
  Loss of health insurance dgruver7 5 4,161 05-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Last Post: hurt at work