Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primary says dont.
I have practicaly used up all procedures to help my low back pain. The only 2 left is 2 level fusion and a scs trial.. Primary suggest I dont get the surgery but does feel the scs is a better choice.

My injury dr ( phisitrist ) says for what I have been through he dont blame me for not having the surgery and also stated the chances are not good of getting the relief... I had the recent rfa's and only relief was dead center of area, still have the stabbing pain that shoots left and into pelvis and hip. Still have the numbness and tingly down the leg with the big toe feeling like in a vice.. I recently been diag with scar tissue wrapped around nerves and trapped muscles in my abdomin, surgeon says no to surgery for the scartissue is to bad.

I see the surgeon for my back on the 11th of jan to give him the decision.. I am going to tell him no, and am going to deal with the pain until I cant no more... '

What do yous think my outcome with wc will be..? knowing this is the last straw.. I dont see my injury dr until feb and I got the feeling wc will send me to an ime for my back, then shut me off......

sounds like you are coming to the end of WC...its time to put in your paper work for SSDI as it can take awhile....I would with your injuries never sign off on medical...but settle on injuries only
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Bronco, I have been thinking about this for a little bit and have a question. If the concern is that WC may bring this to an end. Why not try the SCS????? If you benifit from it, then great. If you do not benifit from it, then you know that also.

I am looking at this from a view point that JAYNE made. "Open medical". There is no guarantee of that. Scar tissue would not be an issue during the trial of a SCS. The leads are held in place by a bandage.

Just my thoughts and question.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I agree AQA, in fact my wife and I have been talking about it since my last appoinment. The only thing that bothers me is with my wife being pregnat, I just dont want to add stress to her with any complications.... The retraining has been brought up by the ncm but truley with the restrictions my dr recently gave me I cant for see getting hired anywhere, but who knows...... I am going to ask if the trial is still aproved by the ins and if it is I will go for it. And like you said there is a chance for relief and at least I will know...

As far as ssdi, my lawyer suggests that I wait until wc is settled. But he also says if things go sour he would assist me with it.....? My lawyer has been out of the office on vacation since the 23rd and should be back mon. I am still waiting for the ppd raiting from the ot dr, my ncm recieved it by fax and says I should have it by fri or mon in the mail... After I get it I have too se lawyer and have several documents including a debt lawyer trying to put a judgment on our home from back medical bills that wc has not paid....

I can understand the stress issue.

If you have the scs trial. The actual procedure takes about an hour. You walk in and you will walk out. As far as changes to your life go. You can not take a shower unless you are a "true redneck".
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

(12-31-2010, 11:53 PM)AQA Wrote: I can understand the stress issue.

If you have the scs trial. The actual procedure takes about an hour. You walk in and you will walk out. As far as changes to your life go. You can not take a shower unless you are a "true redneck".

I hope you are saying the shower thing just for the trial.....?
I cant get down in a tub that often, I cramp up when its time to get up, very painfull and am usually all pruned up for I wait and stall because I know its going to hurt....

ask your lawyer and Doctor to get WC to get you a walk in bath BRFORE you settle Bronco.....they are a couple of thousand dollars but are nice to soak in for older and injured people

The shower put is during the trial because you have those leads running into you spine. They don't want anything getting in there, and you don't want that as well. Also if you have the perm one you will have to heal up for about a week before they want you getting it wet around the site.
If you can get them to approve the trial I would say it's worth the try. Not a big deal at all and you will know pretty quick if it will help you. Like they said takes about a hour in the office and you walk out. Then take only a few mins to take it out in a few days to a week depending on how long they let you try it.

Bronco if I were you I would go ahead and start applying for SSDI, as the process can take some time. If you wait untill your WC payments stop and then start the process you could sit there with no income comming in, and if your house is like mine that would never work, I and receiving both now WC temp payments and SSDI and of course there is an offset, but when my WC payments stop I will inform SS and my full SS payment will be reinstated, so I will not be without an income. Just my thought about waiting to start the SSDI application process. Think about it.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Quietdude was the main bread winner here he collected both SSDI and WC he had the right wording put in his settlement and it didnt cost him nothing.......the big difference is in the medicare setaside....once they are involved it gets a bit more complacated for the lawyer.....and of course the lawyer doesnt get a % of the setaside...this is a slippery slope Bronco.....Best bet is to file for SSDI right away...you never want it to look like you were trying to play the SSDI system they tend to get pissed at that.....I waited per instructions from my lawyer but I had back up insurance you most likely wont....you have no insurance for 2 years after you are accepted for SSDI much better if part of that time you are still on WC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I overturn PQME of MMI decision if primary doctor doesn't agree and get my TTD Be ART661 2 941 10-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  What happens if you dont settle your claim? cluffey 5 6,432 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  dont want workmans comp lucy mann 5 6,755 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Last Post: AQA
  carpal tunnel. dont know what to do... klbala3324 19 28,744 05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Last Post: klbala3324
  primary vrs physiatrist bronco54501 9 7,533 12-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Help? I dont know what to do rwoodruff1973 1 3,642 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Last Post: 1171
Rolleyes Please help dont know what to do ghosthunter69 4 6,060 04-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  treating doc vs. primary doc as far as return to work note soconfused 5 10,980 11-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Backsout
  Primary Dr bronco54501 20 15,081 06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Can your primary doctor put you on stress leave? Luisa Jimenez 4 28,702 03-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Last Post: capricorn