Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really have no idea what's going on and could use some help.
Alright, time travel back to August of last year. I was involved in an accident while at work (granted, it was a lack-of-judgement accident that could've been avoided) and had to go to the emergency room for a broken collarbone.

Towards the end of the month I receive the "Family and Medical Leave Act" forms which, after inquiring to my HR manager about, I didn't have to fill out as I didn't need extended time off. The only day I needed off was the next day and then I had a 4 day weekend and came back in Monday with a sling on my arm.

Fast forward three months later to November where I receive a call from the hospital asking about where to send the bill for Worker's Compensation. I get the phone # for the person who handles my company's worker's compensation and call multiple times with no answer and never received any call backs from my voicemails, nor did I ever receive forms to fill out.

So I give the information to the hospital and they attempt the same, never getting in touch with her either. This continues on into late January of this year when I never receive another phone call again from the hospital.

Super fast forward to November of this year! I get the bill in the mail. I call the hospital and was told there's a few notes attached to the account, including one that both my worker's compensation AND my medical insurance declined the charge. Worker's Compensation says "This Particular Injury is Not Payable" and my medical insurance refuses because it was a workplace injury.

I never received a denial notice in the mail for Worker's Comp and now my employer looks to start giving me the runaround. What do I do? D:

tl;dr: Had an accident at work, left in the dark about worker's comp, get hospital bill over a year later without any notification claim was denied.

you can try filing with small claims court.
you can also file with your states work comp court.
there can be consequences for them if they ignore court appearances.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(12-28-2010, 07:03 PM)1171 Wrote: you can try filing with small claims court.
you can also file with your states work comp court.
there can be consequences for them if they ignore court appearances.

Small claims would be best because all I'd want is the hospital bill paid. Not for any emotional damage or anything like that, though I AM stressed the fark out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone have any idea if WC can do this? RootsGal 1 1,380 03-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 8 3,477 12-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,073 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Any idea, Please help BackPain2011 7 5,644 05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Last Post: BackPain2011
  Idea's of what I should look for in a settlement Hurt medic 2 1,990 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Have no idea what is going on? Bill 9 4,953 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Last Post: AQA
  I have no idea what WC is or what to do? Advice please!! Hferna 2 3,065 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 18,072 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
  Stepping down at work before WC surgery...bad idea??? NVworker 3 3,099 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Last Post: NVworker
  Wyoming - No idea what to do danshu15 13 6,857 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lilly