Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensation for being stabbed at work
Hello I work at a maximum security prison in Boise Idaho, and in june of 2009 I was stabbed in the head twice. I have since been diagnosed with PTSD due to this incident. While workers comp paid for my medical bills and 66% of my wages, I was wondering if there should be any type of settlement for my case? I realize that PTSD is placed on anyone who had some sort of traumatic experiance in their life, But am curoius if I am intitled to any kind of settlement for mental imparement for this type of injury. Any help would be appreciated. Guy

a settlement refers to a lumpsum buyout of all benefits.
you are not entitled to a settlement.
the parties may negotiate and come to an agreement but such is not required or guarenteed.
you may have additional benefits from any residual permanent impairment. Your condition has to reach maximum medical improvement before any permanent impairment can be determined.
impairment is determined by a physician and expressed as a rating.
you can find out more from the Idaho website.
http://www.iic.idaho.gov/worker/worker.html

if you are a federal employee you are not subject to the state work comp laws.  

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEGALLY How long the Work compensation Insurance has to send changed doctor APPOINTME ngb_girl@yahoo.com 6 2,375 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: 1171
  compensation for part time work injury?? llq1205 1 4,652 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  If you quit on the day you are released to go back to work, can you keep compensation Longview 9 22,859 08-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Wink