Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct pmt
Just before Thanksgiving break I received 2 checks in one week...nice especially before the holiday. However, after looking at the checks, they changed the pay days, and totally missed one day. I got 2 checks for 2 weeks, same amount, but the switched the days, so that one day wasn't paid for.

Week 1....paid Tuesday-Monday...my normal week

Week 2 was from Wednesday-Tuesday...totally skipping the Tuesday between the 2 weeks.

Called..and "oh it must have been a computer error". I'm thinking this is the norm for the insurance companies. How much money do they save if the skipped one day for every person????? Anyone out there getting weekly checks....double check the dates ALWAYS!!!!!

most states have penalties for delayed or incorrect payments.
consider filing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I seriously doubt there is an IC out there that will try and "skip" days. What likely happened is the adjuster missed the date when manually entering into the computer and simply blamed the error on the computer when you called.

Seeing how it was before a holiday, the adjuster was likely trying to get all the checks in the mail early and made the mistake while acting in a hurry. No need to file on that.

really?.....check your stubs if you have been shorted turn it into your lawyer... if you have no lawyer call your adjuster.....if they dont fix it right away then file on it.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

ummagumma is probably right. The adjuster was probably rushing to get things done before the holiday but doesn't want to admit it and is blaming it on a computer error. In any case, they need to make it right. They don't "save" money by skipping days. If the error is caught, it costs them more with penalties and interest. And the state fines them also. So to skip days would cost them more rather than save them money. Usually it's just careless mistakes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My lawyers advice, is it correct? HadEnuffAlready 4 4,851 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Last Post: gba2011
Smile Is it correct? can1976 2 2,966 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Last Post: can1976
  POST YOUR STATE FOR CORRECT RESPONSES kate 11 9,518 01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Last Post: 1171