Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement Conference Monday
I am scheduled to return to court Monday for a settlement conference.

The settlement offers started Friday, Dec 17th. Told my attorney what I am willing to settle for. I could ask for a higher amount but with the offset with social security disability there really is no reason to as the offset (amount) would increase.

I only will settle with future medical, the insurance company said if medicare does not agree with the amout proposed for the MSA, they will keep my medical open.

I didn't realize they could do open medical instead of a MSA.

My task loss is 100%, with the whole body rating being 85%, combined loss of 92%.

Good luck! I hope everything goes your way Smile Thoughts will be with you Monday...

Prayers going with you today Bummer

Good luck today and I hope you get everything you want...

Good Luck, Hope Everything Goes Your Way!
no matter where you're at there you are

It was an interesting morning. My attorney visisted with me after talking to the respondent's attorney and the judge.

Sometime between last Friday and this morning the other attorney foundout about the complaint I filed with the medical arts board against the work comp doctor on the neck injury. (The injury happened when the work comp doctor got aggressive while doing an exam July 29th). The injury resulted in a hernation at C5-6, with the nerve root being displaced, and pressure on the cord. Last week the neurosurgeon told me he feels the disc has now collasped.

My attorney and the respondent's attorney spent about an hour in the conference room before going before the judge, my attorney told me this of the other attorney, "She was freaking out about the injury because she forced you to go to (work comp doctor) Dr XXXX, she says she feels responsible for the injury"

My attorney told me Friday the respondent's attorney was ready to settle, but this morning she wasn't didn't seem interested in settlement talks.

It's a ruse, respondent in my case has done the same thing twice now. Sympathetic, even willing to approve surgery and then changes his mind. She was using it as an excuse to not settle at this time.

On the other hand the 'doctor' may not get very many more WC referrals.

I agree, this doctor's days may be numbered working as a wc doctor for this specific insurance company.

Tomorrow I will have another MRI of the neck, in a week I will have the CT scan, and emg/nct.

(12-20-2010, 06:20 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: It was an interesting morning. My attorney visisted with me after talking to the respondent's attorney and the judge.

Sometime between last Friday and this morning the other attorney foundout about the complaint I filed with the medical arts board against the work comp doctor on the neck injury. (The injury happened when the work comp doctor got aggressive while doing an exam July 29th). The injury resulted in a hernation at C5-6, with the nerve root being displaced, and pressure on the cord. Last week the neurosurgeon told me he feels the disc has now collasped.

My attorney and the respondent's attorney spent about an hour in the conference room before going before the judge, my attorney told me this of the other attorney, "She was freaking out about the injury because she forced you to go to (work comp doctor) Dr XXXX, she says she feels responsible for the injury"

My attorney told me Friday the respondent's attorney was ready to settle, but this morning she wasn't didn't seem interested in settlement talks.

Bummer,
Did your attorney have that entered on the Court's record?

I don't know Wink, but I do know he was documenting what was said for his records.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WOO HOO its Monday jayne 12 7,509 09-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  BRC Conference hurt back 2 1,715 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Settlement conference Wed bodybuilder1958 1 1,479 12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I start work on Monday bodybuilder1958 1 2,988 07-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Pre Trial Conference ammowoman 6 4,104 07-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jayne