Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First good winter storm
Well we have had our first good winter storm of the season and I can tell you I'm not going to be able to deal with it this year. Back has been giving me so much more trouble this year which is not a surprise because doc has told me I'm only going to get worse. Hope to get a couple of RF treatments next month which should help. Would be nice if WC was settled and I knew where everything stood so I could make some plans. All my life I've never wanted to move away from my home area but if somebody offered me a shack any place there is warm weather year round I think I would take it.
This is the first year since my mom died I've decided to try and have a good Christmas but this pain is really taken it's toll this year. Without my faith in the Lord I just don't think I could make any more. God bless all this holiday season.

We also had our first big storm, we are still havig the winds but the sun is out and 10 above..... I was able to keep the front deck shoveled, but my son had to do the walkway... I'm glad it wasnt a heavy snow because it was comming down almost 2 inches an hour....

And I have to agree with ya about moving to warmer temps, this cold weather plays a hard role on the pain scale.. I would even settle for 40's durring the winter but not below 0's... Sounds like Jayne and AQA are in a nice climate, but then the summers are hot too....

it got cold last night but its nice today upper 40s gonna be in the 50s the rest of the week......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Manley2 Wrote:Well we have had our first good winter storm of the season and I can tell you I'm not going to be able to deal with it this year. Back has been giving me so much more trouble this year which is not a surprise because doc has told me I'm only going to get worse. Hope to get a couple of RF treatments next month which should help. Would be nice if WC was settled and I knew where everything stood so I could make some plans. All my life I've never wanted to move away from my home area but if somebody offered me a shack any place there is warm weather year round I think I would take it.
This is the first year since my mom died I've decided to try and have a good Christmas but this pain is really taken it's toll this year. Without my faith in the Lord I just don't think I could make any more. God bless all this holiday season.

If you find the year round warm spot and it is affordable please include me. I want so bad to get away from all this cold winters. My body freezes untill it warms up in the summer.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Allot of the nice places for winter are too hot in the summer. Trouble is I was talking with my son yesterday who is in the Marines and stationed at Camp Pendleton, it was in the 80's there yesterday and like 15 here. Would be nice to live there for the weather but I'd have to have allot more money then I do now. Not sure I could handel the traffic all the time.
It's just I feel something has taken the fight out of me to deal with the pain any more

I can understand that....I have very little fight left in me....people who havent seen me in a couple of years dont even know me anymore....we are looking at going back to pensacola for the last 2 weeks of march....God willing and nothing goes wrong to take up the bucks......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

now theres something wrong with this picture !!!! south ga and its 20 degrees i need to go farther south it gets to cold here !!!
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

They do get cold snaps down there but not all that often. Would think my condition would improve with warm weather so need to figure out how to get medical coverage to pay for it. Smile

I think a lot of us that are injured can relate with cold/damp weather. And with some of us that cant move around well makes are joints hurt even more. It has been 14 to 17 below zero the last few nights, its been caos with pain levels... When I was in my early 20's I traveled a bit from the west coast to the east and with all things considered, I adore the state of CO. Spent a lot of time in fountain co and the springs even though there is alot of people it felt like home.... good temps year round...

I use to like cold weather, even worked outside all. And being a firefighter you better like cold weather at least a little because it never failed, the first good cold snap and somebodies fireplace would be on fire. I never had any problems with the cold but now it sucks. I didn't get allot this summer because just too much pain to do too much walking and now with the cold I'm not going to get out much at all

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter is knocking down our door. bronco54501 2 2,592 11-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Winter Storm bronco54501 1 2,031 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Another Storm bronco54501 2 1,808 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: fatboy
  First winter storm of the new year Bummer Knees 10 4,337 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
  Winter storm Bummer Knees 4 2,440 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM