Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaint against work comp doctor
A few weeks ago I filed a complaint against the work comp doctor with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.

I filed the complaint listing two reasons for doing so.
The first was for being injured by the doctor when he did an exam.
The second was for the doctor's notes being different from what happened at the IME appointment and the appointment at which I was injured.

The doctor was told at the second appointment of the injury, and the doctor did test to determine the extent of the injury, yet there is nothing in the doctor's notes the injury happened or test were done. I have an audio tape of the appointment and a witness who was with me at the appointment.

Today I received a letter from the state board I mentioned above. It reads, you will likely be contacted by an investigator for more information. Unless discliplinary action is taken against this license, we will be unable to provide you with our progress or findings of the investigation. If you are contacted by an investigator durning the investigation, you will be notified when the investigation is concluded.

I have to wonder how seriously the complaint will be taken due to this being work comp, and the stigma involved.

I sent records with the complaint, the doctor's notes, notes from the audio tape, my writen notes I went over with the doctor, the cervical MRI, and report from the neurosurgeon.

I again see the neurosurgeon this week on the cervical injury.
I am having changes of the burning/numbness, tingling of the other (right) arm & hand. The displaced nerve root and pressure on the spine is left lateral with symptoms previous being on this side. Physical therapy thinks the disc has moved causing the right sided symptoms.

I will post with any updates on the complaint.

you said in a previous post you had information that the doctor was being paid to lie.
was that included in the complaint?
are you following up on that?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

That was the information given to me, I haven't been able to prove this statement so it was not included in the complaint.

My attorney did say something is in the works on this, he just won't say what.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REST IN PEACE - David DePaolo of Work Comp Central 1171 4 5,623 07-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Work comp claim while driving to work Manley2 9 9,720 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
  Disaproving Work Comp Fraud by Dying Bummer Knees 2 5,691 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Differences with personal injury cases and work comp in Kansas Bummer Knees 10 10,683 08-01-2013, 05:41 PM
  Final results of complaint against work com doctor Bummer Knees 10 9,856 06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Complaint against WC doctor Bummer Knees 6 5,813 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Bingo names, complaint form old member bodybuilder1958 23 17,629 12-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Letter from state board of healing arts on complaint Bummer Knees 27 18,298 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Investigator has been signed in complaint against work comp doctor Bummer Knees 23 25,286 03-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Settlement offer on work comp Bummer Knees 21 110,818 01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Tim Self