Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advise,Things are at best hairy
you need make sure geogia has a fund to pay claims of uninsured employers.
I'm assuming they do and once the court rules they'll start processing your claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:you need make sure geogia has a fund to pay claims of uninsured employers.
I'm assuming they do and once the court rules they'll start processing your claim.

Thanks again for your help and I'll check about the uninsured funds and get things rollin..Thanks 1171 you've been very helpfull my friend

be well
Smile
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I've got a question on this. If he didn't have to carry coverage because of to few employee and you have to file a civil suit, how do you get any treatment? If you don't have any other coverage to bill for it I would think nobody would want to touch you. Just seems like the civil suit is something to do after everything has been taken care of so what do you have to do before that to get the bills paid?

Also if they fired you just because you got hurt is there something you can do there? Not sure of your local laws but if he didn't wait for a period of time I would think you could do something.

civil suit was how it was handled before they required comp insurance.
lots of problems like you say and that's why it changed.
many employees don't like comp and want to go back to when you could file suit.
there are always some who think the grass is greener....
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I wanted to update and see if I need or have to get a lawyer or if I need to file this myself or what would be best.

I was able to finally get to sit down with the owner and it didnt go well at all,after reporting to him I was injured he avoided me for as long as he could so I went to his house to talk with him..

He said I needed to just suck it up and pay for everything myself and he said he no longer has WC "which I knew already" but he said he will not pay for anything and then said since I'm not able to work from being injured that he has to fire me..

maybe he walks away and leaves me out of work and not able to work because my knee and back is shoot but I hope that isnt the case..needless to say Im pissed for losing my job because i got injured on his job and he just laughed and said do whatever you want but im not going to pay for any med bills or fines..

He cant do this correct? should I get a lawyer to handle this and if so is there any lawyers that would take my case without money upfront,I know probably not but I have no money to go back to any doctors or to pay a lawyer upfront so please tell me what steps to take.I cant not work or I lose everything ive worked for and also no one will work me in my condition either so if there is a speedy way to get things going all advise is welcome and very much needed..

Ive got no clue really what to do now about doctors or income to keep what ive worked 17 years for..Thanks in advance for any advise any may have to help

Toungue 
Rolleyes You really need to do some footwork. First call Workers Comp in your state and tell them you got injured working for someone who does not have workers comp. They should be able to point you in the right direction. If you have a legal-aid in your area, try that first. They usually charge on an income scale. And you should apply for public assistance. You might even be eligible for unemployment.
Almost certain for food stamps. Apply to as many services that are available, the worse they can say is no. If you have services in place to help you the more engery you will have to see this terrible situation through. Best of Luck with the contacts. Bernie
L shoulder torn 3.5" R shoulder damaged. Heart damage, carpal tunnel (L&R) cataplexy/narcolepsy, arthritis, hypoglycemic. +. Bernie

best bet would be to talk to a few lawyers comp lawyers are payed when you get paid....another idea go to the church where you got hurt tell them what happened and see if they have insurance.....good luck
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

What hes doing does not seem right; but not much about workers comp does. I hope that you get some local legal help. Please let us know how it all turns out for you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  advise on claim oked 2tired2care 3 2,952 07-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Last Post: 1171
  rotator cuff tear...please advise :) maggiemae4321 3 5,157 01-23-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: workcomptired
  Please advise Ar1999 6 5,392 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Ar1999
  help or advise utah workers comp jjortiz214 5 5,085 11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Things just get better and better Bayan1905 0 1,467 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Bayan1905
Exclamation Can someone give me advise on what to do? lizdawiz82 3 6,393 09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
Rolleyes I need advise please! Thank You! Sunshine7 9 9,325 12-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  Advise....consequential injury TabFLGrl 2 4,890 04-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  I need ur advise please! Sunshine7 2 3,081 02-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Florida Worker's Comp vs LTD - Need advise steelersgurl 7 8,994 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Last Post: steelersgurl