Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for my daughter
She's cut herself off from our lives by her choice. But a daughter is never far from the heart....

An infection, almost septic put my daughter in ICU for 2 days last week. Staph, she's had it before, she's not the cleanest person, doesn't live under the best circumstances.

She might need surgery to repair her left rotator cuff, she collapsed at work injuring her shoulder, back and chest muscles. She also broke her only glasses, she can't do much without them. If she doesn't return to work by Tuesday she'll be fired. So she's rather a mess.

So I'm asking for prayers even though she'd resent me for asking for them. She's removed herself so much from our lives that she claims to be an athiest. (Hey it means no Christmas presents for her. no Christ, no presents).
But I'm giving her prayers anyway, asking for prayers anyway. For a softening of her heart, a healing of her heart, a return to what little senses she has.

Thank you,
Bodybuilder

We had a daughter do almost the same thing and thank God she is back. All we can do sometimes is say a prayer even if they don't like it. We can keep them in our heart. We will say a prayer

you have em Darlin and shes on the chuch ones also as soon as I can call it in
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

bodybuilder1958 Wrote:She's cut herself off from our lives by her choice. But a daughter is never far from the heart....

An infection, almost septic put my daughter in ICU for 2 days last week. Staph, she's had it before, she's not the cleanest person, doesn't live under the best circumstances.

She might need surgery to repair her left rotator cuff, she collapsed at work injuring her shoulder, back and chest muscles. She also broke her only glasses, she can't do much without them. If she doesn't return to work by Tuesday she'll be fired. So she's rather a mess.

So I'm asking for prayers even though she'd resent me for asking for them. She's removed herself so much from our lives that she claims to be an athiest. (Hey it means no Christmas presents for her. no Christ, no presents).
But I'm giving her prayers anyway, asking for prayers anyway. For a softening of her heart, a healing of her heart, a return to what little senses she has.

Thank you,
Bodybuilder

Perhaps it's none of my business, but sometimes just being there with only non-smothering heartfelt love - without saying a word - will help heal her heart quicker and better than anything else imaginable. She may not realize it, but she doesn't want you to give up on her.

you should never judge based on religion, there are different people and different countries all across this world, you should never judge based on religion. we all think differently

without religion, there wouldnt be war, there wouldnt be dirty politics either. there wouldnt be third world countries overpopulated with individuals dying at the sake of our ohh so convenient american tradition.

its the blind robot like citizens that let this happen (of which everyone is guilty)

your daughter seems like a very bright minded individual, you shouldnt push anything on her, she has as much right to believe what she believes as you have to believe what you believe. there is a very small percentage of people that have been subjected to and have learned from their own experiences and are fortunate enough to be strong enough to think for themselves.

you should except her for who she is, after all it was you that pushed her away. or you wouldnt be the one(s) suffering from loss of close contact with a loved one.

people are people and in the end we are all the same. and we are on the same side and fighting for the same things, or so we think.

when the end of the world comes, dont depend on your God.

i have dealt with and struggled my entire life staying true to my beliefs, with my parents, i cant relate very much.

she is your blood, she is your skin, she is part of your being, treat her like that. she is no different than anybody before or after her.

it is very ignorant to state something of this nature.

THINK!

and as far as Xmas goes...its about giving, loving, and helping, being there for those you love. whether based on religion or NOT. its not your local church bringing you pleasant surprises, its supposed to be those you love, those who care.

please take with your heart, not your head, i do not tend to offend.

i wish the best of luck with you and your daughter.

take care. tis the season, you could be the one that makes the whole world of differece to your loved daughter.

When I offered a Christmas gift to my daughter last year she refused it. Therefore I give gifts to my grand kids. As for the relationship between my daughter and us you don't know the long or the short end of it. We never pushed her away she left, she dropped out of school. She had a chance of a full-ride scholarship and she got pregnant instead. So we paid for her wedding, we paid their bills, over 6 years over $12,000. paid to keep them going. Three beautiful little kids, who's mother has all of a sudden left. True the husband left her first but then she left her kids.

When he left we offered to move her and the kids here. She refused, she wanted our money but on her terms. So we made a choice, come here and we'll help. She refused. Do you know that for over the past 6 years we never, ever spoke of religion. She's liberal, I'm conservative, I'm a christian, she's confused.

She's rebelling and well, I'm just a mom, grandparent, wife.
I'll be here whenever and if ever she calls. I will never, ever give up on any of my kids.

Yes I put Christ first in my life, he's my strength, my guide.
I ask for prayers for my daughter knowing that it will upset her. But for me, my family, knowing that other people are also praying for her comforts me. I have friends of other faiths and no faiths. We find common ground. My only daughter is rebelling against everything right now trying to find a foothold when she doesn't have the basic supports. Basic supports like a driver's license, a high school diploma, family, husband.

So now you atleast know part of the truth. You know I had stopped crying a little while ago about this. The crying will make me pray harder and a little bit longer.

klyee I have known Bodybuilder for over a year, I knew her from another forum, we arranged to meet and my sister and I meet her at a near by town. We both had court on the same morning last December, and I sat by her while each of us waited for our hearings. We've had lunch together and Bodybuilder attended a doctor appointment when I saw my treating wc doctor earlier this year.

I will share with you Bodybuilder is a good, honest person who truly cares about her family and it hurts her greatly when her daughter has the attituide she does.

I understand what she is going thru and I am going thru the samething with my oldest son. My son is married and I have two to granddaughters.

My son will not speak to me because my husband and I did not buy him a home a couple of years ago. Dosen't matter that we couldn't afford to buy him one, and that was back when there was problems with fammie mae, it was very difficult to get a loan at that time. Now he is mad because we are helping my 19 yr old daughter with college.

kylee you wrote your post without knowing the history of the situation with Bodybuilder's daughter.

like i said, i was not trying to offend. but the problem doesnt stem from religion, the most *****edited by admin***** up people ive ever met are part of the church. im just saying.

sorry.

It is so easy to assume. I'm religious, my daughter is not. My youngest brother is a buddhist, we respect each other's faith. But we rarely talk about faith, we have other common ground. My sister professes no faith and that's fine too. The problem right now, my daughter not even a year ago offered prayer at Christmas, she bowed her head. She spoke the words, not forced, asked, she offered. Now she's striking out at us because we do believe. But you know that's our right. Just as it is her right to not believe. I won't judge her, I'll pray for her, I won't point my finger at her and yell sinner. I'll hold her hand, cry with her if that's what she needs. But she needs to ask for it. We're tired of reaching out, bailing out and right now we almost need a bail out ourselves. She told one of her friends that she hates us for having a happy marriage of 32 yrs, that she hates our faith, that she hates the crosses I hang in our home, she even stated that she wanted to rip the cross that hangs on a chain on my neck. She's angry and you know, I'll just pray for her. She said she'd rather live under a bridge than walk thru our Christian door. You know, that's her right.
You stated in your original post that you didn't judge. But you judged me. Yes I cry over my daughter because I love her. She nearly died last week so I'm praying even more. Too keep her safe, for her happiness, comfort, and hopefully love.
If I am disappointed in my daughter it is because she abandoned her children. Three kids aged 5, 4 and 1, oldest has learning disabilities, the 4 yr old has severe asthma that has put her in the ER 5 times since June. The youngest may have a form of dwarfism, she's 18 months old, weighs 17lbs but is only 24" long. But I believe that she left to hurt her husband because he left her. I cannot imagine how any mother could leave her children.
So now you know a little about my shoes. I'm a decent person, I have friends of numerous faiths and you know that's okay. I also have a really nasty temper, I lift weights and you rubbed me the wrong way. But I forgive you and I'll pray for you.

I do believe Admin has a rule about using certian types of words on this forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So proud of my daughter Bummer Knees 1 2,907 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer for my Daughter lucky 4 3,778 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: lucky
  Extra prayers for my daughter Bummer Knees 3 3,203 10-31-2011, 10:07 AM
  Found My Daughter UndercovrAngel 7 6,321 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
  My Daughter's Wedding freebird 7 6,459 09-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Last Post: red1030