Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Pharmacy Records
I received an e-mail from the respondent's attorney per my attorney again requesting for me to sign a release for all pharmacy records.

The is the 2nd request for the records, I signed the first request and entered an expiration date of one year, I also noted on the form this request was for pain meds & muscle relaxers only.

Well, the respondent's attorney did not like my filling in the blanks and now request I allow them to obtain all pharmacy records with an open date on the forum.

I do not have anything to hide but feel this is a matter of principal, it is none of work comp's business what antibiotic I was on last winter.

I do it also.....if it is meds the WC pays for then its their bussiness if not then it isnt pretty simple to me
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

that's a good tactic for driving up the carrier's legal fees.
you can force them to have a hearing.
eventually you'll have to give in as the laws on discovery and full disclosure of medical information will prevail.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

That's just it, work comp dosn't pay for any of my meds, never have.

i'm surprised they just don't subpoena them and be done with it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

why 1171... if it doesnt pertain to the injury why is it any of their bussiness?

in my case I can see them wanting to know if I ever had any cervical or lumbar problems but any thing else is off limits.....and I won that in court

Well I haven't always taken my meds, can't always afford it. The co-pay thru my health insurance company is $45.00 or more per script.

Some months I have had to make the choice between my meds and my son's seizure/asthma meds. Always it is my son's meds that I purchase and pay for first.

of course it pertains to the injury; the human body is not compartmentalized into work and non-work areas.
that's why there is so much litigation in comp--trying to separate them.
any workers current, past, and future health status is interconnected.
every physician needs a complete history in order to properly determine what is going on physically and what is work related and what is not.

it has nothing to do with what they paid for.
they want to make sure they are not going to pay for in the future as well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

When the back was approved for treatment and I started receiving treatment by the work comp doctor he did not write sciprs for pain because my primary was already doing so,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terminated for cause and human resource falsify records Lostandconfused 8 2,145 11-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Pharmacy Problems Shadow 7 3,870 06-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Last Post: TedBundo
  seeking opinions Jefft42 12 4,862 05-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Jefft42
  Claims Manager Accessed All Medical Records? shefallsdown 5 3,096 02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Getting paid while seeking medical attention? youavaj 5 2,332 01-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Last Post: 1171
  No Medical Records for IME John no Dough 1 2,547 08-02-2014, 07:05 PM
  Medical records not sent to AME....Help in CA IIGEMINI 8 8,833 04-02-2014, 12:59 PM
  Big Sis seeking answers for injured Little Bro pjohnson49 4 3,624 10-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  Medical Records chrischris 0 2,127 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Limiting IC access to medical records dina 12 16,443 11-01-2011, 10:42 PM