Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Have To Pay This Bill?
Sad 
Hi from CO.,

My case is this. I have high blood pressure, and since the injury (2008) my blood pressure has been out of control. I have been given medications by the pain doctor that has greatly increased my blood pressure. My primary doc has been fighting to keep my blood pressure at bay, but has had very little success. He has changed, added, my bp medications at lease five times.

I do PT twice a week, and each time I get into the warm water pool and began to work out, I feel dizzy. She would have to stop theropy, and have me to sit down. She placed a call to my primary doctor, who told her that if my pressure was at a certain range that I could not do PT that day.
So now before PT the theropist takes my pressure and if it is high, she will not have me do theropy. Then after PT she takes my pressure and everytime she does, it is very high.

She informed the pain doctor of the same and also that the PT wasn't successful, and about my bp. Since the injury I have been in the hospital twice because my blood pressure was so high that it took them two days to bring it down. One of the occasions for being in the hospital, was while being preped for a nerve block for my crps, my bp was high, and I had chest discomfort. But each time before I was discharged my pressure would shoot back up.

My question is this. Should I have to pay the bills (out of pocket) for seeing my primary about my blood pressure, since the medications and CRPS contributes to raising my pressure?
Please if anyone could give me some advise, I would be so greatful! Lefty
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

You strike a good point, some of the meds I take also raises my bp. I have had high bp even before my injury and was kept down with lisinopril 10/12.5 combo pill. With the daily pain and the meds I have been doubled the dose to 20/12.5... Realy the cost of the meds is cheap just under $10. a month. But with my anciety and higher bp since injury I have to keep perodic checkups and monitor my bp.. To me it makes sense that is somthing that should be considered and be reimbursted and be covered for the dr visits.......... I am going to ask my lawyer what he thinks of this...............

Interesting!

I will be starting pain meds next week to lower my BP, hope it works!

My BP for the norm is on the low side, 90/70 to 100/80.

Been running 150-159 over 120 lately.

I'm going to read up on the meds again before I start it.

since being injuried I have been put on high BP meds and now suffer from chest pains. My cardo says I need to walk more but can't because of injury. Wish WC would cover all this because it is because of injury.

To Bronco 54501, Bummer Knees and Manley 2; seems like it's always something guys...a never ending story. Thanks for reading my post, and I hope you too can find your answers.
Lefty
Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.

It is a never ending story. One thing causes problems with another, the only problem is it's our health that suffers. Having high BP is one thing that is never good and I'm sure may are in the same boat I am. We need to get more exercise to help with our high BP and with our health over all. But we just can't do that sometimes. For me I wish I could afford a membership at the local Y so I could at least get in the therapy pool and do some on my own.

Manley2 Wrote:It is a never ending story. One thing causes problems with another, the only problem is it's our health that suffers. Having high BP is one thing that is never good and I'm sure may are in the same boat I am. We need to get more exercise to help with our high BP and with our health over all. But we just can't do that sometimes. For me I wish I could afford a membership at the local Y so I could at least get in the therapy pool and do some on my own.

Yesterday when I was in my primary care doctors office. My blood pressure was 170/110, and my body temp was 90, my pulse was 72. He said to me that with all the medications that he has given me nothing seems to be working. He also stated that my pain doc needs to do more nerve blocks, to help with my pain, because if not I am facing a stroke. It's kind of strange that before seeing my doc, while in pain doc's office in tears, vomiting from pain, damn near curled in the fetal position. I heard him say as he wrote his notes that I was having SLIGHTLY more pain than before. I normally don't react that way, and for the first itme in my life...I did not care who saw me that way. I have CRPS and this condition hurts like heck!

Anyway, if you can get to do pool therapy, than please do so. Can be a help depending on your condition. Maybe even the whirlpool...now I really enjoy the whirlpool after a good work-out! Feel better!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure what to bill WC for Amos 2 2,757 11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  The Governor of CA: Do not pass Senate Bill 863 lizdawiz82 6 7,500 08-25-2012, 03:58 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Employer is trying to bypass Workmans Comp and stick with me with the bill torito 2 5,006 06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Last Post: torito
  A bill was charged off SickandTired 8 7,712 01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Please Help - I got a bill ngfred 8 5,467 02-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tweety00
  very interesting site for WC our Bill of Rights backache 2 4,237 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Am I just going to end up with a big lawyer bill I can't pay? Groaning 8 5,620 09-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Old medical Bill. Was workmans comp. What can I do? klober23 2 9,507 09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  injured at work, insurance co hasn't paid medical bill medhavi 5 12,073 08-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Last Post: tweety00