Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting paid, but no other response from WC
My claim is in Washington, D.C.
10/13/10 was my last day on the job because I was told that if I couldn't work F/T they could not acommodate me. My WC doctor put me at MMI and now I am at home collecting WC - TTP. What I don't understand is why I am being paid and no one is saying anything about occupational therapy or anything. The maximum weeks for WC in D.C. is 500 and I know that WC is not going to just keep paying me until that runs out. WC has sent me to three of their docs and they all agree that my injury was my employer's fault and I can only work a modified scheduled. I am still an employee of the hospital and they are giving me 12 months to find a job or I will be separated from them and of course there are no managerial jobs for 3 days per week! My attorney has asked WC's attorney and adjuster where they stand, but now they are being silent on the issue. Not sure what to expect next and my attorney is on a big case for now, so I'm stuck without knowing anything else. Suggestions?

dmma Wrote:My claim is in Washington, D.C.
10/13/10 was my last day on the job because I was told that if I couldn't work F/T they could not acommodate me. My WC doctor put me at MMI and now I am at home collecting WC - TTP. What I don't understand is why I am being paid and no one is saying anything about occupational therapy or anything. The maximum weeks for WC in D.C. is 500 and I know that WC is not going to just keep paying me until that runs out. WC has sent me to three of their docs and they all agree that my injury was my employer's fault and I can only work a modified scheduled. I am still an employee of the hospital and they are giving me 12 months to find a job or I will be separated from them and of course there are no managerial jobs for 3 days per week! My attorney has asked WC's attorney and adjuster where they stand, but now they are being silent on the issue. Not sure what to expect next and my attorney is on a big case for now, so I'm stuck without knowing anything else. Suggestions?

I got the answer to my own question. W/C will continue to pay me until my employer tells them not to and who knows when that will be? They pretty much said that if I am getting paid, then I should be happy even though I am able to work part-time. They have offered no OT, so it looks as if I am on my own to look for a job whether it's in or outside of the hospital as long as I adhere to the restrictions from the doctor. I should be happy getting no fight (for now) from W/C, but I am bored and frustrated trying to find things to do to pass the time day to day. W/C fights those who really needs them, ignores those who can do some work, and frustrates everyone.....go figure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Over paid TTD UKguy961 2 1,496 03-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Getting paid Skoobi 3 4,351 04-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Skoobi
  CA-PTP submitted request for treatment with no response from IC. What now? SickOfTheProcess 7 9,473 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  How long to receive response from DWC regarding QME? Bivrington 3 4,992 02-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I get paid? David Knutsen 2 4,646 04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
  New here-When will I get paid? mre0609 9 11,720 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  WC has not paid me. dmma 6 5,573 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper
Question Getting paid gmomma 7 5,167 07-30-2009, 02:11 PM
  ? how att gets paid fritos 2 3,427 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Not paid Hazy66 4 4,100 02-27-2009, 10:39 PM