Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with QME Phsyc Appt CA
Hi everyone! I had a 3 level disc fusion performed on my Lower back a year ago. The QME Dr. permanently disabled me on the back portion of the claim and found me permanent and stationary. I am having a lot of problems with my intestines, muscles and my mind since the surgery not to mention anxiety attacks, panic attacks and depression which I picked up the day I woke up from surgery. So the Dr. appointments are ongoing to find out what nerves they cut. I already saw the Physc Dr. and he split up the visit for a later date because I was in so much pain. What I need help with is my attourney says I have to tell the Dr. everything and I am really reluctant to tell the Dr. my whole life story because I don't want them to hold it against me for this part of the claim, but I am learning if I don't disclose "everything" I could lose the phsyc portion of the claim and my back portion of the claim. I also already had a deposition a couple months ago and don't want to screw that up too. Can anybody help me with this because I do go back in a month and would really like some input weather I should tell all about my life or just be I don't recall? The Dr. also said he had my whole file looking down on it and it was a whole box and it freaked me out because he said "I read every page of that box" and I was like great they are going to extort imformation out of me. So I am at a loss and want to do the right thing but again I have a very complicated history that is very personal that I really don't take kindly to giving this info to the Dr. or the Insurance Company that doesn't want to approve anything anyway. Also I would feel more comfortable if I knew what was in that box full of files. How far do they go back? And what could they possibly have in that box that I haven't disclosed to the Dr. This has been really stressed any input would be very much appreciated thank youSmile

why must you tell him your life story? does it have something to do with your claim?did it cause or make your injury worse?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:why must you tell him your life story? does it have something to do with your claim?did it cause or make your injury worse?

He told me they want to know if I had depression before the WC claim which I never had but I was told they want to know everything that happened in my life and I am not so forthgiving you know what I mean? So this is part of figuring out the phsyc claim the anxiety, depresson. I feel like they are trying to get me to state some things and then come back and use against me or just not honor the claim at all.

jharrison Wrote:Hi everyone! I had a 3 level disc fusion performed on my Lower back a year ago. The QME Dr. permanently disabled me on the back portion of the claim and found me permanent and stationary. I am having a lot of problems with my intestines, muscles and my mind since the surgery not to mention anxiety attacks, panic attacks and depression which I picked up the day I woke up from surgery. So the Dr. appointments are ongoing to find out what nerves they cut. I already saw the Physc Dr. and he split up the visit for a later date because I was in so much pain. What I need help with is my attourney says I have to tell the Dr. everything and I am really reluctant to tell the Dr. my whole life story because I don't want them to hold it against me for this part of the claim, but I am learning if I don't disclose "everything" I could lose the phsyc portion of the claim and my back portion of the claim. I also already had a deposition a couple months ago and don't want to screw that up too. Can anybody help me with this because I do go back in a month and would really like some input weather I should tell all about my life or just be I don't recall? The Dr. also said he had my whole file looking down on it and it was a whole box and it freaked me out because he said "I read every page of that box" and I was like great they are going to extort imformation out of me. So I am at a loss and want to do the right thing but again I have a very complicated history that is very personal that I really don't take kindly to giving this info to the Dr. or the Insurance Company that doesn't want to approve anything anyway. Also I would feel more comfortable if I knew what was in that box full of files. How far do they go back? And what could they possibly have in that box that I haven't disclosed to the Dr. This has been really stressed any input would be very much appreciated thank youSmile
I can't predict whether they will believe that the inconsistencies and contradictions in your story will be seen as lies and fraud or part of your psychological problems.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

not much really...they cannot get any medical record from previous Drs unless you sign a medical release...as far as your medical claims as long as you are honest you cant go wrong......even previous problems can be made worse by a WC injury and be covered...only when you lie or try to evade the truth can you get in trouble...listen to your lawyer
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:not much really...they cannot get any medical record from previous Drs unless you sign a medical release...as far as your medical claims as long as you are honest you cant go wrong......even previous problems can be made worse by a WC injury and be covered...only when you lie or try to evade the truth can you get in trouble...listen to your lawyer

In my case they went back 10 yrs on my medical history,
they pulled up a medical report from the emergency room
of a car accident I had 6 yrs ago, they tried to say that
was the cause of my injury,but qme doctor said there was no
disability report from that,soI was ok
dont be worried. just be honest and you ll be fine!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question First Drs. Appt! How to prep? kp121 4 605 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Last Post: 1171
  MPN APPT.? FUTURE MED CA. beaverc 2 1,862 07-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MMI Appt for Rating bluewolph13 8 6,298 08-28-2014, 11:31 AM
  What to do about dr appt Lostinsystem 1 3,216 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
  SS Disability appt grumpyone 7 8,305 11-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees