Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
treating doc vs. primary doc as far as return to work note
#1
My primary doc is an orthopedic that I see once a month for a re-evaluation. He sends me for treatment to his chiropractor in one of his offices. My re-eval with the ortho is next week. Today, when I saw the chiropractor I told him that I am going to lose my job if I dont have a note to return to work this week because it just got posted today. He wrote me a note to return to work with no restrictions full duty. My employer accepted the note and put me on the schedule to return to work this weekend. My question is, do I still need to see the primary ortho doc next week for that re-eval even if I already returned to work?? Also, if I do see him, can he overrule what the chiropractor wrote and screw me up with my job status. I dont want to continue workers comp anyhow, I would like to drop the case since my job accepted me back. Should I go see that ortho doc next week?? Do you think he will overide the treating doc??
 
Reply
#2
if your state uses impairment ratings then there is a chance the ortho will rate you or give you some work restrictions.
it's up to you whether you pursue additional benefits or not.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.
 
Reply
#3
is the ortho the doc who sent you to his chiropractor? if so he should go along with the opinion of the chiropractor.-- if you decide to go to your appt. with the ortho, explain the situation.--you can cancel the appt with the ortho.,as it sounds as if you're ok. if you have an attorney,discuss with Atty.
 
Reply
#4
1171 Wrote:if your state uses impairment ratings then there is a chance the ortho will rate you or give you some work restrictions.
it's up to you whether you pursue additional benefits or not.

hello 1171, i am in california. i do not wish to continue with additional benefits since i feel ok. i called up the atty last week to tell him i didnt want to pursue the case, he said he would just wait to make sure i did get my job back then go from there..i was thinking of calling the insurance adjuster to let him know i want to drop the claim since i am back at work because i dont want to take the chance of the ortho giving me a work restriction then i will lose my job since its a no restriction job. So, should I show up to see the ortho??
 
Reply
#5
wootk1967 Wrote:is the ortho the doc who sent you to his chiropractor? if so he should go along with the opinion of the chiropractor.-- if you decide to go to your appt. with the ortho, explain the situation.--you can cancel the appt with the ortho.,as it sounds as if you're ok. if you have an attorney,discuss with Atty.

hello wootk1967, yes the ortho sent me to this chiropractor, they both are in the same sports medicine clinic. I talked to the atty the other day and told him i didnt want to pursue the claim once i got back into work and he said he would just stick around to make sure that happened. i dont know if i have to see the ortho so he can complete his evaluation of me or what but my work cleared me to go back based on the letter from the chiropractor so i dont know what happens if i dont keep my ortho re-evaluation appt.
 
Reply
#6
soconfused Wrote:
wootk1967 Wrote:is the ortho the doc who sent you to his chiropractor? if so he should go along with the opinion of the chiropractor.-- if you decide to go to your appt. with the ortho, explain the situation.--you can cancel the appt with the ortho.,as it sounds as if you're ok. if you have an attorney,discuss with Atty.

hello wootk1967, yes the ortho sent me to this chiropractor, they both are in the same sports medicine clinic. I talked to the atty the other day and told him i didnt want to pursue the claim once i got back into work and he said he would just stick around to make sure that happened. i dont know if i have to see the ortho so he can complete his evaluation of me or what but my work cleared me to go back based on the letter from the chiropractor so i dont know what happens if i dont keep my ortho re-evaluation appt.

I would keep the appointment with the orto doctor. That way if your problem would reacure, all doctors were in agreement that you could return to work with no restrictions. All the best.Big Grin
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I overturn PQME of MMI decision if primary doctor doesn't agree and get my TTD Be ART661 2 698 10-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 6,913 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 4,398 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  changing treating doctors in georgia!! alvinf478 5 2,907 06-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,199 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,099 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 7,711 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  IME vs Treating physician what now? Stormy 14 16,655 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Stormy
  Does treating doc have final decision genegene 10 14,404 08-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Buzy
  return to work before my surgery??? Pambud96 5 8,472 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: hurt back

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)