Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if you want to move
1171? What about like with me, I cannot work, and my TTD should be getting reinstated. I seriously am thinking of moving back to TX just to have people who love me and can help my hubby around. But TX laws are alot different then CO and TX has that 104 week cut off. Could I move and still get TTD and use TX doctors but with CO rules? Or would they still make me go to Denver for every thing?

Thanks,
Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Cool

the state rules in effect on the date of injury follow you. I'm not sure which jurisdiction you are under.
Technically the "location" field in your CP isn't very helpful if you've moved around and it doesn't say which state laws you are under.
If you were injured in texas then you'll have the cutoff
I'm not sure why they make you go to denver for everything-there are good doctors who'll take comp in every state. Shy

I can see why you might have to travel back for a trial but shouldn't be that often.
Rolleyes
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am in Colorado, was injured here
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

the laws that you would fall under is those in Colorado Sithie - so the problem you may find in texas would be finding a doctor that would take out of state work comp cases that would be about it. Not saying it can't be done - most will want to wait until they get a letter from WC stating that they will get paid and the payment rate they will get paid before they schedule the appointment is about it.

Basically the only thing you would have to go back to co for would be hearings. Normally your attorney will continue to work with you via telephone and fax as well. You may be required to get copies of more of your records in texas but it will be quicker for you to get them.

Now the good or bad thing is - that with the move will come a new case manager - but you won't get a new adjuster to your claim. Normally the same claims adjuster will remain with your claim. Hope this help explains some things that happened with me. At least what I learned via experience.

Sithie, I am not saying this to intentionally cause you undue worry but, on another forum I have read many times other IW's having a heck of a time getting TX doctors to take WC from out of state. Sometimes they state they have a hard time even getting the docs in TX to take TX WC. I do not know why for sure but, I suspect it may have something to do with TX being the only state in the nation that WC is not mandatory. Don't know it for a fact though.

If you seriously intend to make a move to TX what you might want to do is get someone that lives in the area you intend to relocate in to call several different doctors in that area and see what they say about accepting the fees for CO WC. Or you might be able to get names and numbers off the Internet and call them yourself. What ever you do check on it ahead of time as you may have to alter your plans unless you are in a position to drive back to CO for your medical care.

Hope it works out for you to be able to do as you desire regardless of what that is.

Take Care,

ND Smile
Injured Female, OTR Truck Driver, from the state of Georgia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I move to court over the LTD claim CraneberryEddy 3 2,230 01-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Move & New Career: How Does It Affect WC Distributions & Settlement? Thain 1 3,032 01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Last Post: AQA
  Can I move from Pa to Virginia while collecting WC? keywasted 9 11,871 12-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad what do i do if i need to move toa different state feeling trapped 1 3,059 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
  If I move from one state to another dusk6309 10 12,537 04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dusk6309
  While on workman's comp can you move to another state? sontaysyw 4 20,059 11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
  Can I move? queenbee 12 7,913 04-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Last Post: tweety00
  cant move my left arm have no feeling mel1980 1 5,289 10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Last Post: mel1980