Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA: Return to work rights???
I have a union but one wouldnt think so because they never return my calls. I am so disgusted, i pay dues and no service. I will see my doc at end of month. I am feeling better and ready to return to work. I dont know if he will let me go with or without restrictions. The position I had is gone even though mgmt wont admit to it, so my question is that if the doc releases me say with no restrictions and my actual position is gone, (I work in a hospital )do they have to offer me another open position??? The secretary in human resources told me that they dont have to offer me anything, that I can apply for an open position and if I cant find anything within 30 days then I am terminated from the company.

I have an attorney which I need to fire all he is worried about is settlement. All I am worried about is having a job to return to. I told him about this and he said they dont have to do anything.

Any advice please??????

FMLA protects your employment for up to 12 weeks a year.
after that unless you have specific provisions in your contract they are not required to hold or create a job for you.
more on FMLA rights here
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:FMLA protects your employment for up to 12 weeks a year.
after that unless you have specific provisions in your contract they are not required to hold or create a job for you.
more on FMLA rights here
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm

I have been off for more that 3 months but I asked the lady in human resources when the 12 weeks was approaching if I was safe after that and she said my job was protected under work comp law?? Was she just saying that or is she just as clueless??? My leave papers says workers comp leave thats all it says. No clarification anywhere. It just seems whats the use of me being on workers comp if I have no more rights than someone out for cancer or something like that. I really dont need any more medical treatment as I am feeling ok and I really dont think I need a lawyer because it was never my intention to sue just to have guidance. Im not sure what step to take next? Thank you for your advice.

comp laws are different for each state so we ask each poster to give theirs.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146
most states do not require employers to keep a job open.
all states have anti-discrimination provisions that make it illegal to retaliate against a worker for filing a claim but that is not the same thing.
having a work injury doesn't give workers immunity from termination.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:comp laws are different for each state so we ask each poster to give theirs.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146
most states do not require employers to keep a job open.
all states have anti-discrimination provisions that make it illegal to retaliate against a worker for filing a claim but that is not the same thing.
having a work injury doesn't give workers immunity from termination.

Hello. Sorry, I am in California.

ok. i was thinking ca referred to your claims adjuster.

california does NOT have mandartory return to work rights.
you will be paid 15% more for your permanent impairment if the employer does not offer modified work, but the law does not require they do.
you also are entitled to a retraining voucher
more here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/rehab.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sell my medical rights or keep lifetime care? 138 13 7,061 03-12-2019, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Jerry_Rivera
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 5,844 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Drug Testing and Civil Rights Shadow 19 7,732 07-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Not Ready to Return to Work / Stress (New to Forum) jjjccefbr 8 4,180 02-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 2,122 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 3,987 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Laid Off After Full-Duty Return to Work wwdoitover 3 7,580 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Last Post: wwdoitover
  Rights to settlement? Tigertaurus 5 5,765 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Tigertaurus
  Benefits and legal rights confusion Phoenix 2 3,764 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Phoenix
  return to work before my surgery??? Pambud96 5 8,316 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: hurt back