Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filing a complaint
July I saw the treating work comp doctor, while the doctor was doing the exam my neck was injured.

My family doctor orderd an MRI and I need a ACDF of the cervical spine according to the neurosurgeon.

I have not added this to the work comp claim, although this week will
file a complaint with the state medical licensing board.

I have a witness who was in the exam room when I was injured.

At the next appointment with this work comp doctor I was placed at MMI and the doctor did an IME.

I audio recorded the IME appointment due to being hearing impaired and was given permission to record by the office mgr.

I recieved the written IME report and found it to be very different from my memory of this appointment so I replayed the audio recording. The doctor's report is full of lies, one example the doctor wrote I am having no lumbar & neuropathy pain. Not true, I explained to the doctor the the knife slicing pain going down the leg, burning of the toe & foot, lack of sleep, and so on......

The same witness was at the 2nd appointment.

This week I will file the compaint with the state board against this doctor on the neck injury, my wc attorney has suggested I add the fact the doctors notes are different from what happened at the appointment.

I would appreciate any suggestions or imput on this.

I would look into having an independent company make a transcript of your recording of your doctor's visits. Since his IME reports greatly differ from your records such a transcript could enforce your complaint.

Did your call the governing board to ask what type of information they want for the complaint or did your attorney help you with that? I know in San Antonio there was a local board there.

If you have a transcript include the office manager's name and number so she can clarify that she indeed gave you permission to record the appointments. If they gave you written permission then include a copy of that.

Take care,
BB

Bummer Knees Wrote:July I saw the treating work comp doctor, while the doctor was doing the exam my neck was injured.

My family doctor orderd an MRI and I need a ACDF of the cervical spine according to the neurosurgeon.

I have not added this to the work comp claim, although this week will
file a complaint with the state medical licensing board.

I have a witness who was in the exam room when I was injured.

At the next appointment with this work comp doctor I was placed at MMI and the doctor did an IME.

I audio recorded the IME appointment due to being hearing impaired and was given permission to record by the office mgr.

I recieved the written IME report and found it to be very different from my memory of this appointment so I replayed the audio recording. The doctor's report is full of lies, one example the doctor wrote I am having no lumbar & neuropathy pain. Not true, I explained to the doctor the the knife slicing pain going down the leg, burning of the toe & foot, lack of sleep, and so on......

The same witness was at the 2nd appointment.

This week I will file the compaint with the state board against this doctor on the neck injury, my wc attorney has suggested I add the fact the doctors notes are different from what happened at the appointment.

I would appreciate any suggestions or imput on this.

i hear ya, ive been going through the same crap with my back and siatic nerve, being im on comp most neurosergians dont want to deal with me, ive had witnesses at most visits to verify the lies and deciet but it doesnt get me anywhere with the comp hearings, mostly because in ny there arent any guidlines set yet for comp, ive had one neurosergen tell me, people only have a siatic nerve in the right leg when most of the pain went down my left, being im not a doctor i believed him till i went to see a chiropractor wich told me that they dont get paid much from comp so most neurosergens wont want to deal with me, and every other neurosergen has talked me out of sergery by telling me in front of my witness that we havent exhausted all of our options, we can go to the pain clinic, or diff kinds of theropy, after telling me sergery is my only permanant fix, but when my lawyer gets the neurosergens report it says that i refuse sergery, and even though i have a witness it doesnt seem to matter, since ive been on comp, i lost a van to the banks, i almost went to jail because comp was taking child support out of my checks for almost a year to send to support collection agency, but they never sent it to them, ive had my bank account siezed a diff. time for the same reason, and i had to resign from my job, wich was being saved for me until i get better, so i could get my retirement(401k) so i could save my house from being taken cause of the lack of pay so i couldnt pay my taxes and then any money i got after that wasnt enough to catch it up, so there goes my retirement, and recently i had a neurosergen tell me that now sergery will not help because its been over three years and the damage has gotten extensively worse, he said he can do sergery but at best he can get me is 50% able and there is a 50 % chance it will work and a 50% chance it could make it worse, im not willing to do it for 50%

You very much have had a full plate with work comp.

I meet with a board member yesterday, her mother is an attorney and she shared something with me.

She said after settlement many times the insurance company will pay the wc doctor extra money. This is money the insurance company did not have to pay the injured worker at settlement.

I found this interesting.........

are you implying bribery?
or are you merely referring to the payment of a lien balance?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

bribery......the above information comes from an attorney in my state.

then it's more then interesting.
is the atty pursuing criminal actions?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 after my court hearing was over the lawyer for the WC came over and apoligized for the hell his client had put me thru....he was a rent a lawyer for them and it was the first time he had worked for them.....he also said it would be the last...they were self insured and out of state....I believe this sort of thing goes on more than we know.....lawyers can be bought.....just as adjusters can be bought....Doctors can be bought...and workers can fake injuries.....anytime money is involved there is a chance of someone cheating
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

oh no
i am shocked
bowled over
the horror of it all
I just can't go on
crushed I say; just crushed
and I bet there ain't no santie either....

if someone has evidence of many instances of kick-backs and/or bribery
then charges need to brought.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retaliation for filing JShaner13 1 895 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 1171
  FIRED FOR FILING UNEMPLOYMENT marcoleman 3 5,593 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  when person filing for workers comp dies before settlement tmask 4 11,392 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Last Post: gba2011
  delay in filing claim jlarson 1 3,133 03-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has signed an investigator in complaint Bummer Knees 0 4,608 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Filing a notice contesting liability liljerry 6 7,922 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Last Post: nursedina
  Filing for SSDI soon after a WC case is over with? borninabarn1 29 31,279 07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
Question Deposition Today Been Hurting Since 9/07 -Filing 10/09 JadeD78 9 8,454 05-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Regrets
  Question on disfigurement filing in PA? mom2twokids 5 6,094 02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
MyBB Filing cjscally 7 5,931 03-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Tuffy