Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer has no wc insurance
Hello hope someone can tell me how to handle this.
Long story short i live in oklahoma and started driving for a company and 3 days into this i was delivering at night and injured my knee. I informed employer and he turned on me like a bulldog with aids. informed me he has no wc ins. He took me to clinlc had x-rays done doc advised to see orthopedic.Boss said i will go to what ever doctor he wants to send me to.
I contacted lawyer and was advised that we could go after property ins at the place where i unloaded at. thats been 2 months ago. I have been to emergency room 2 times and to family doctor all saying i need to go to orthopedic doctor.
Have court the end of this month. Lawyer says its to find out if ins company is going to handle this or not. If not than where do we go from here. have never been thru this kind of thing. Need some advice.
thanks

most states have a fund set up to provide some benefits of those injured while working for uninsured employers.
many times regular health insurance will handle when there is no work comp coverage.

in many situations like this the employer tries to argue that you are an independent contractor rather then an employee. usually an unsuccessful defense but it can delay benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Employer Did NOT Have WC Insurance jjjccefbr 4 2,355 09-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Work Comp Along With Employer Offered Long Term Disability Insurance? injuredinidaho 15 33,999 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
  Employer and Carrier - "Bad Faith" Insurance dirckhecking 12 9,543 06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  Employer has no insurance jdavis7975 2 2,393 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Last Post: fencer11