Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mpn docs or attorneys choice?
hello, when i finally got an attorney to accept my case (2009) he referred me to their own doctor ( a doc, pain management). this person is a long ways away and has been my ptp for this injury. (this has been going on for 16 months, a visit every 2 months or so). after my claim was accepted and i turned in for mileage reimbursement the w/c adjuster paid some but called me to ask why i go so far for treatment. i said i am following my attorneys advice, this is the doctor they originally sent me to. she said there is no reason why i don't look for someone closer to where i live. she never suggested i had to take an mpn doctor or it would hurt my benefits because if she did i would look closer for sure. I WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING. i notified my attorney who said to keep going to the same one they chose. i have already seen the ame and he agreed surgery is needed or i will get much worse. my claim acceptance letter stated that they agree with my doctors findings and if i miss more time from work to notify the adjuster so benefits can be paid. i have since been taken off work ttd because i can't do any of the job requirements. i have recieved NOTHING and it has been 48 days since i got the letter. should i be getting a doctor in the mpn network like the w/c adjuster suggests or stay with the doc i have? i filed for sdi and it is being processed. in my time with w/c i have seen 2 orthopedic doctors, 2 regular doctors and a doctor of chiropractic (pain management). this doctor is the one i see the most and he just got me an mri (through his office). before anybody jumps on this guy because he isn't a REAL doctor he is caring, professional, knowledgable, and his basic treatments aren't too far off the ortho doctors i have seen.

Happy Sunday Curley2 if wanting to know are opinion's on the matter I personally would listen to your attorney , plus i thought once you have an attorney the ic usually communicates to you through your attorney and vise avers a

if they haven't restarted TTD notify your atty- you should not have direct contact with the carrier since your are represented.
if you decide not to take your attys advice you should get another atty who's advice you do trust.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

hey steveo190 and 1171, thanks to both of you for your advice. i do trust my lawyer, i usually get his assistants when i call them but they seem to be on the same page. i will follow their advice like always. i thought it was kinda strange that the adjuster would call me too when they know i am represented already. this person seemed genuinely upset over this mileage thing. my attorneys had filed for a hearing to start ttd about 40 days ago. even state disability called me to verify some info that they said they couldn't read on my dr's form and said they are processing my claim but need to call w/c to verify if they are going to be paying me anything. the sdi person said they would call me back with the info but never did. Cool

theres applicant doctors who belong to MPNs thats your best choice. Ask your attorney I wish i could guide you better you can also email me: luis.morales59@yahoo.com

hello again, thanks for everybodys help so far. sdi has accepted my claim and paid me for some back weeks. plus my employers w/c person called me right after i talked to my attorney and said w/c agreed to pay my IDL for my prior time off. this this is great news for sure, i just listed my car for sale because i had no money for food or bills. but they still will not pay td for this current time off, they still said that i was returned to work P&S by the AME and therefore no td. i reminded them that my paperwork from the AME findings is checkmarked NO on whether i am P&S or at MMI, YES on "can this person return to his usual job" but left blank where it says "if yes" checkmark with or without restrictions and also the "date when person can return" were all left blank. is this because i was working at the time of the AME evaluation? the AME is in the MPN network.

if the AME report is ambiguous or incomplete they might be able to make a reasonable argument that TTD is not due until the AME has been clarified.
your atty can negotiate a resolution or you can have the comp court decide.
you can file for a penalty.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks 1171, my attorney has filed for a hearing, sent demand letters and all that. this is just another setback i guess. thank goodness for sdi or the car would be gone!

most lenders are willing to negotiate with those on disability; that's how the debt management companies can be successful.
it works best if you contact the creditors before there is a problem.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

hello 1171, you are right about that. the car i was thinking about selling was the only one i have paid off. the company that financed my other car is pretty good about payments, they would definitly work with us if we ran into serious problems. another side effect of getting hurt on the job, the risk of no money and possible ruining of your credit. thanks again for your comments and advice. my attorney says when they do finally pay td there would probably be penalties too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body parts in MSA and settlement docs don't match Seeking Help 71 16,596 02-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  IMR Applications and Attorneys responsibility Shadow 18 5,585 12-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Attorneys upset that I applied for SSDI 7on7off 36 15,002 07-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Attorneys seem to be pushing Settlement. Jahlil0712 11 10,117 01-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Orange Co CA - No Specialty Docs Available Speedbump 3 3,030 12-03-2012, 02:56 AM
  MPN CHOICE in CALIFORNIA inquiringMIND 7 4,709 12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND
  $$ DOLLARS FOR DOCS $$ 1171 13 10,591 06-22-2011, 01:09 AM
  not ready for qme attorneys says i cant reschedual riptorn 5 7,018 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
  Case worker following me and calling/ with docs badback2 9 10,795 03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
  Attorneys tkl1126 0 2,503 03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: tkl1126