Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
two questions
I live in Ca and have had 2 surgeries one on each shoulder, still have elbow pain. My lawyer is telling me to settle and that I cannot get future medical as it is not offered any longer. I haven't been seen for my elbows since 2008 since I was referred to the surgeon for my shoulders. He was not authorized to treat for my elbows and the WC will only pay for one doctor. I had so much trouble getting them to okay shoulder surgery for the impingement on my right shoulder that I ended up with a rotator cuff tear that retracted way back into my shoulder area. I am 61 and don't heal as fast as I once did. One week after my surgery, my lawyer called with a settlement offer and was upset because I did not settle. He never returns my calls. I called 3 times last week (Have not talked to him since July) and twice today. Finally they told me I could have a conference call tomorrow at 4:30--if not then I would have to wait until a week from Friday.

So, my question is: Does Ca have future medical offered and how do I get rid of this terrible attorney?

nancym Wrote:I live in Ca and have had 2 surgeries one on each shoulder, still have elbow pain. My lawyer is telling me to settle and that I cannot get future medical as it is not offered any longer. I haven't been seen for my elbows since 2008 since I was referred to the surgeon for my shoulders. He was not authorized to treat for my elbows and the WC will only pay for one doctor. I had so much trouble getting them to okay shoulder surgery for the impingement on my right shoulder that I ended up with a rotator cuff tear that retracted way back into my shoulder area. I am 61 and don't heal as fast as I once did. One week after my surgery, my lawyer called with a settlement offer and was upset because I did not settle. He never returns my calls. I called 3 times last week (Have not talked to him since July) and twice today. Finally they told me I could have a conference call tomorrow at 4:30--if not then I would have to wait until a week from Friday.

So, my question is: Does Ca have future medical offered and how do I get rid of this terrible attorney?

nancym - I don't know about the rules in California but you CAN switch attorneys at anytime.

-dina

you are entitled to lifetime treatment required for your injury with 2 big limitations:
has to go thru utilization review process and have to use Medical Provider Network doctors.

you get rid of an atty by first finding another.
best place to start looking is the search feature here
caaa.org
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.