Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA Company wants me to go to regular doctor
I went to my regular doctor about a lump in my groin with some pain. (I had never had a hernia before.)
My doctor asked me if I had lifted anything lately. I told him about moving an air-cionditioner at work the previous day. He told me I had a lingual hernia caused by the lifting and had to go to my company's workman's comp doctor.
I told my company but they wanted me to go to my regular doctor for the work related injury.
They told me to go back to my doctor and say that the injury did not happen at work. They said they will completely re-imburse me for my cost.
It seems like this isn't fair to my regular insurance company.
Is this legal?

Nope.
sounds like the employer has no comp insurance or is trying to defraud the insurance companies.
anyway, you can't trust a company like that to keep their word.
they could easily stiff you and then fire you and deny the whole thing.
you'd be left high and dry and trying to prove long after the fact that you lied and it was really a work injury.
with your credibility ruined you'd have an uphill battle getting it covered.

file a claim form (keep a copy)
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCForm1.pdf
and contact their comp carrier if they have one- directly.
P.S. your doctor is required to file a work injury report whenever they get such information.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

They have WC but want to "control" claims.
I went back to my regular doctor and told him "I just want to get it fixed." He was not happy about it (he knew the company was tryng to bypass WC) and wanted to call my company, but I did not want to make any more probems at work, so I told him I would tell them.
NOW... I was trapped in a "Catch 22" because my company wanted me to get it fixed on my insurance companies dime but my doctor knew it was a WC claim, so I could not see him. Who was I suppossed to see now?
After 4 more days of pain and discomfort, I told my company I had to go to a WC doctor and they told me they were going to dispute it so I would have to get a lawyer.
Well I got a lawyer to take care of it, but then my company's owners complied and sent me to WC. They were upset that I got a lawyer ("HR" (one of the owners) denied telling me I would have to seek legal consel......figures).
To TRY to keep from commiting "job suicide" by suing my employer, I dropped the lawyer. But, judging by the cold shulder I am now getting from the owners, it seems like it did not help and I am probably out of future bonuses and raises. SO I still succeeded at "job suicide" at a company where I have worked for 25 years (and never had a previous WC claim).

Now any questions or problems I have about my WC case, my company just responds..."See, We
gave you a chance for an easier way out, now it is your problem."

so sorry Nathen the WC world is hell the only thing you ever have on your side is the truth....so allways tell it.....anything else will bite you in the hiney.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

your doctor had the right approach.

getting an atty wasn't the choice you had.
having you make a fraud filing with the DA or filing the claim with the carrier was the choice they had.

sounds like they've been scamming their comp carrier for a while.
every carrier is required to file a fraud report with the department of insurance once they've been alerted. you should notify the carrier and/or your local district atty
in writing.

the easy way would have been for them to handle the claim legitimately and be upfront about it.

the choice you have to make is to go along with their fraud scheme to continue to work there.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,665 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can no longer do regular security again Js1! 2 1,161 07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
  Can no longer do regular security again Js1! 1 789 07-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Sad Can I sue Company Doctor ccc123 7 11,430 01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Regular insurance/Lyrica and Tens unit Cookiecrum 9 9,777 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
Question regular dr or my injury dr bronco54501 11 7,183 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Last Post: kate
  do i have to see company doctor? nic01darlin 5 4,622 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Will my doctor release me to please the insurance company? goldberie 7 7,616 12-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Last Post: sparkey