Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filing a notice contesting liability
CT. WC has filed a form to contest my girlfriends injuries in which she 'hurt' her foot & shoulder & stayed out of work for almost 8 months.

If she loses, will she have to pay back all of the money she got in weekly checks (about 26,000 total) & all of the medical/therapy/ doctor bills ??

it depends; you didn't give any information about the reasons or the issues.
if she's found guilty of fraud, your state may have restitution provisions.
if it's not a fraud issue then it's unlikely.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The 2 surgeries she had lasted a total of 18 minutes combined. While out, she catered 2 events in which paperwork was given to her employer, especially since 1 of the events there were alot of co-workers there and the other, she was being followed. They also have pics of her 2 days after her foot surgery in a bar laying on the ground after she went down a bar slide with no protective boot on her foot.

I told her not to do this crap as you never know who is watching, but she said she knew what she was doing and no one will catch her LOL.

She says they wont make her pay anything back. I'm no WC expert, but if you are out of work getting paid & then go out & do what she did, I'll assume there will be penalties. And rightfully so.

If you are saying she did things she should not have done because of her restrictions or if she was working when she should not have she could be in big trouble. They could make her pay everything back if they can show she should not have been off work for her injury. They could even go after her for any medical bills they paid if they want to go that far and say she didn't need the treatments she got

She could also face jail time.

Connecticut - The State operates a Workers’ Compensation Fraud Unit within the Chief State’s Attorney’s Office, Division of Criminal Justice, and investigates complaints of all parties alleged to be engaging in any form of workers’ compensation fraud. The Unit makes arrests and prosecutes those it believes to be engaging in workers’ compensation fraud, which is either a class C felony (if the amount of benefits claimed or received is less than $2000) or a class B felony (if the amount of benefits claimed or received exceeds $2000).

CT Fines and Penalties

Classification | Imprisonment | Fine

Class B felony | 1 to 20 years | Up to $15,000
Class C felony |1 to 10 years | Up to $10,000

liljerry Wrote:The 2 surgeries she had lasted a total of 18 minutes combined. While out, she catered 2 events in which paperwork was given to her employer, especially since 1 of the events there were alot of co-workers there and the other, she was being followed. They also have pics of her 2 days after her foot surgery in a bar laying on the ground after she went down a bar slide with no protective boot on her foot.

I told her not to do this crap as you never know who is watching, but she said she knew what she was doing and no one will catch her LOL.

She says they wont make her pay anything back. I'm no WC expert, but if you are out of work getting paid & then go out & do what she did, I'll assume there will be penalties. And rightfully so.

I'm sorry - but it is people like your girlfriend that make it so hard for the rest of us to get what we deserve. I get tired of hearing people say that if you are on comp you are "scamming the system". This is the kind of stuff that happens that makes those of us that are really hurt have to hear hateful comments like that.

-Dina

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes The word "surgery" has emerged, now IC is disputing liability. Must read! Kappa6m3 7 2,408 11-20-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Retaliation for filing JShaner13 1 766 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 4,334 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Notice of contest Dave3205 2 1,578 10-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  claims admin calls to tell me they accepted liability now what happens? rxburn 2 2,535 07-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Last Post: rxburn
  Notice of Ability to Return to Work jtaf 2 4,046 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  shall not redeem liability for the payment QUESTION??? BADHABIT12 1 2,482 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM
  FIRED FOR FILING UNEMPLOYMENT marcoleman 3 5,375 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  NOTICE OF CONTROVERT jamboski73 2 5,334 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Last Post: jamboski73
  wc check cut off without notice! tnicholson2 8 8,403 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Last Post: tnicholson2