Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Weather
We are just being hammered, down poaring rain and wingusts at 70 mph... We lost power about 9:30 am WPS has no update to when power will be restored. So I took advantage of the quietness and took a nap and awoke to thinking I was dorthy in the wizard of oz. We built our home on some old farm fields and cant wait untill we get some bigger trees for a wind break.... Thank god the rv isnt stored yet, running extension cord to the house so we can atleast watch tv and use computer.. This weather is expected to get worse through the night and then snow wed afternoon... I think I will leave the rv up on the lawn in case we need the generator......

we had that mess yesterday......but only got the tail of it high winds and a bit of rain...but have a beautiful fall day today...gonna take the camper out again on Fri for the weekend....highs in 70s during the day and at night lows in the 40s just right for fall camping...gads I love living in Oklahoma
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:we had that mess yesterday......but only got the tail of it high winds and a bit of rain...but have a beautiful fall day today...gonna take the camper out again on Fri for the weekend....highs in 70s during the day and at night lows in the 40s just right for fall camping...gads I love living in Oklahoma

Sounds like a good time, the summers here I just love but the long winters are just crazy. We usually get snow on and off from sept to thanksgiving but melts shortly after. But after that it stays and starts melting in April....

were drying up down here need rain so bad and maybe shut the ac off fri for a few days would love to see some snow this winter been since 89 for us
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

HI sweet tooth!

We also are in need of rain.

hi bummer
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Well still with out power 80,000 in wi alone 8,000 plus in the city where we live. We had tornados in the southern part of the state we have had very strong winds almost 70 mph. The winds are still gusty at 60 mph and that lovely white stuff has started falling mixed with rain... Only predicted 1 inch acumulation predicted, all schools are closed...Kids will love that...lol...
I'm glad I filled the rv before we parked it, its to bad we drained all the fluids so it wouldnt freeze. We always keep bottled water on supply, so were set but the house has cooled down to 50 so its blankets and flannels.......I think its time to put a wood stove in or get the furnace wired for the generator...

Bronco we camp all during the winter....maybe its time you moved south like the birds for the winter....we re going camping this weekend

jayne Wrote:Bronco we camp all during the winter....maybe its time you moved south like the birds for the winter....we re going camping this weekend

Thats to cold for that here, many of days 25 to 30 below zero.. We had it planned once our son Austin was 18 and out of high school we would go south for 2 months durring the winters. Well that has since changed with the new one comming, but its a good trade off for I'm sure she will keep us busy.....lol

she will sweeten your life for sure.....I know mine have... sometimes I wonder what the hell were we thinking.... but I wouldnt trade them for the world....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weather "post your weather if you want" bronco54501 21 14,790 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  weather "post your weather if you want" bronco54501 35 19,725 10-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees