Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Husband almost killed
I use an audio recorder at all medical appointment.

My reasons for doing so are because I am hearing impaired and do miss a lot of a conversation, and with migraines I do have problems with remembering things.

Some recorders have a lot of noise and pickup a lot of back ground noise, the best one I have found is tape less by Sony I purchased at Wal Mart.
I do ask the doctor if it is okay if I record the appointment, never been refused.

I also am a list maker, this comes in handy when having a high pain on the day of a doctor's appointment.

I list my symtoms and and changes on my list along with any triggers I can think of that may have cause the changes, then I list any questions I may have for the doctor.

My primary knows if I hand him my list at the appointment that I am having a high pain day, he just chuckle and comments, "Having a high pain day?"
(With the headaches it is difficult to stay focused)

I do love my lists.......lol I carry a notebook in my purse it is a leather like one that you can refill the paper it is called Jaynes brain....since my accident and the headaches nothing ever stays up there for long.....the kids know if they need something to put it on the shopping list in my brain.....by the way the topamax has stopped working I dont know if it means the meds need adjusting or if they just dont work anymore.....I did get my lab work back for the 3 month period today and all is well......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

In reading your post, it does sound like you have a decent IC and everything is going as well as can be. I hope everything continues to go well and your husband continues to improve.

At some time you may need an attorney and you might just talk to a few; just for future reference. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

I'm sitting here making my list for the appt tomorrow. If anyone knows of a question I need to ask please send it to me. I will not have a repeat of Wednesday.

Without truely knowing your husbans condition ( meaning, being in his shoes and feeling his pain ) I can not suggest any questions.

The only suggestion I have is that you keep a clear and fresh mind. The list will help with that. O yea, I don't recall if anyone has told you. You have the right to not have the NCM in the exam room while your husband is being examined. She can however, speak with the dr. after the exam. If you believe that everything is cool with the NCM. Then you may want to let her in the room at the same time. It is your call. Not hers. I just thought I would mention it. Incase things start going down hill with her. Atleast if you do allow her in the room. Then you can hear what she is saying and what the dr. says.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Yes AQA she was in the room and took over the Dr visit...that is the reason I suggested a lawyer to get help with her....Your Drs visit should be between you,your husband and the Dr.....after you are finished she can be brought in.....My husband had a great NCM...Mine on the other hand ewwwwwwwwwww....they can be your best friend or your worst enemy....

Jayne, I see. Unfortunately I have been real busy with school and find myself speed reading some of the threads.

If she ( ammowoman ) can take control of that situation. Such as having a list of questions. That will free her mind to handle the NCM. She may be able to use the NCM to her advantage. If not, then she knows she can always tell the NCM to wait until the appointment is over.

As I mentioned before. I am leary of the NCM because of the question concerning MMI this soon in the claim.

PS. I noticed you didn't change your avatar. Did you not like the one of Sarah Palin that I sent. LOL
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA it was to ahhhhhhh how do we say........easy??????I want something that POPs and really grabs the interests....it may be time to go back to the old green me.....for awhile...I am getting a bit pudgie and need to dance

Well....

This appt went very differently. I met with the Drs office rep and had a talk. Found out information that I'm not at all happy with. They were twisting information and to me that is lying. The office would not let rep in for examine. When she came in the dr let her have it. I absolutely know now why they want the other dr to take over care....workermans comp friendly. She told the ankle dr he was never authorized to do the surgery. Apparently someone authorized it. It was not a pretty scene with dr, rep and I all in the same room. My poor husband. He is angry. He doesn't need the added stress. Dr wrote scripts for wheelchair items like cup holder and pouch. She offered nurse. Said shy pay for that and just get him what he needs when alone. Can't get a glass or plate from kitchen to recliner. And tub transfer bench!!! Threw a fit yesterday and finally got a shower chair. Geez. After a week of not being able to shower, he tried to use it and fell this morning. Call pelvic dr and still no call back.

We have a attorney coming to the house on Sunday to meet with us.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Husband being followed ammowoman 22 14,725 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  lots of questions & a very confused husband!! my_husband_is_hurt 2 3,498 02-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Last Post: heynow
Question Husband Hurt on Job Then Fired dbadchick 2 4,154 07-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Last Post: dbadchick
  [CA] L5 back injury--need advice for husband bamabess 6 11,843 10-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question How many times can Ins.Comp. send husband to IME? Jane0218 2 6,258 11-13-2009, 07:09 PM
  Employer treating my husband poorly mrsrccarrolltx 5 6,088 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  Husband in Texas taddison 5 3,664 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Lilly
  Husband krist42 18 7,007 06-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  husband's surgery halftrak 13 5,948 12-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Last Post: backache
  Help for my husband! crbabb 4 3,186 12-07-2007, 11:30 AM