Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i can't afford to be on comp anymore
I read all the posts, and it really makes me sick. I live in Texas. I have spent the past 20 years helping people, and now I need help, and guess what? I was injured in February 2010, and still off work. I have had one injection for L4-l5 annular tear, with bilateral radiculopathy. Did have 3 weks PT in beginning, made it worse. EMG showing nerve root irritation. Just had a contested case hearing and insurance company agreed to cover annular tear and radiculitis. I was told now I would get more injections. However, IC quickly sent me to DD for MMI/IR. This DD totally disregarded the report from the administrative judge, he answered his own questions, for me, and when I told him I felt his pinwheel testing better on my right side, he took that pinwheel very hard acroos my left foot, actually leaving and abrasion on the top of my foot he did it so hard. I was asked to bend over backwards until my head touched the ground. I left that place in tears. This DD said I plateaued, I said no I just have not had the medical care I need, and I have not plateaued. He was hellbent on saying I plateaued. I am so upset. My doctor sayd he will never release me to go back to doing the same type work. I have applied for SSSI in Texas, but that can take forever. Slowly I am losing everything I have worked so hard to get. The new Worker Compensation laws do nothing to help the injured worker, and allow the IC to take advantage of injured workers. It is so fair, I want to write a senator or someone about it, but dont know who to write, or if they would even care. The only thing good is DARS is going to help me with going back to be retrained, but I cant start classes until Jan. And how will I pay my bills until then? I know I can not go back to work with all the lifting, I too have felt like just ending it all, but why should I hurt my family because of the stupid workers comp laws that dont help the injured worker at all? I am stuck, if I go back to work, then DARS wont retrain me, if I dont go back to work, I lose everything. The DD I saw both times, this man can barely stand straight himself. He put my compensable injury is my left shoulder, when there was never a shoulder injury, my left hip is involved. The first visit to the little shack I went to was filthy!, It was cleaner this time. This is just amazing. I worked in the medical field and I am shocked at how many people have to be screwed over by our system!

lonestarlady550 Wrote:I read all the posts, and it really makes me sick. I live in Texas. I have spent the past 20 years helping people, and now I need help, and guess what? I was injured in February 2010, and still off work. I have had one injection for L4-l5 annular tear, with bilateral radiculopathy. Did have 3 weks PT in beginning, made it worse. EMG showing nerve root irritation. Just had a contested case hearing and insurance company agreed to cover annular tear and radiculitis. I was told now I would get more injections. However, IC quickly sent me to DD for MMI/IR. This DD totally disregarded the report from the administrative judge, he answered his own questions, for me, and when I told him I felt his pinwheel testing better on my right side, he took that pinwheel very hard acroos my left foot, actually leaving and abrasion on the top of my foot he did it so hard. I was asked to bend over backwards until my head touched the ground. I left that place in tears. This DD said I plateaued, I said no I just have not had the medical care I need, and I have not plateaued. He was hellbent on saying I plateaued. I am so upset. My doctor sayd he will never release me to go back to doing the same type work. I have applied for SSSI in Texas, but that can take forever. Slowly I am losing everything I have worked so hard to get. The new Worker Compensation laws do nothing to help the injured worker, and allow the IC to take advantage of injured workers. It is so fair, I want to write a senator or someone about it, but dont know who to write, or if they would even care. The only thing good is DARS is going to help me with going back to be retrained, but I cant start classes until Jan. And how will I pay my bills until then? I know I can not go back to work with all the lifting, I too have felt like just ending it all, but why should I hurt my family because of the stupid workers comp laws that dont help the injured worker at all? I am stuck, if I go back to work, then DARS wont retrain me, if I dont go back to work, I lose everything. The DD I saw both times, this man can barely stand straight himself. He put my compensable injury is my left shoulder, when there was never a shoulder injury, my left hip is involved. The first visit to the little shack I went to was filthy!, It was cleaner this time. This is just amazing. I worked in the medical field and I am shocked at how many people have to be screwed over by our system!

Lonely - Hang in there . It's a long road. No one can tell you what is best to do. Many of us here understand too well about losing everything. Many of us have. No, it's not fair and it's hard to comprehend sometimes. We need to write to those in chanrge and who make the laws and let our voices be heard. We are not asking for what we are not entitled to , but we would like to not lose everything we worked for our whole lives. Unfortunately, there are many who scam the system, and it makes it hard for us who are legitimately hurt. I hate the looks I get when I tell someone I am on comp. Like I am doing something wrong. They don;t know that I was working three jobs when I got hurt, that I have had a job since I was 13, that I worked those three jobs while going to school full time so I could be a nurse to raise my family and give them a better life..just to have it all taken away in the blink of an eye.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. We understand.

be well- dina

The problem is the system works well for the majority of injured workers......they say....I believe its just we the injured worker just dont have a powerful enough voice speaking for us yet.but we are growing and one day we will.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne I think you are right and the system does work for a large part of the injuried workers but for the lower number of us that are hurt for life it is not. Maybe one day our numbers will grow enough to get the laws changed or just maybe the wrong person will get injuried and they will be able to make those changes

Hello,
In my point of view it depends on what kind of injury do have?If the injury is for the rest of your life.You have to ask yourself that can you work again for yourself with having an injury.I suggest you to go back to work because no one will help you in life you have to help yourself always.
Thanks,Ingrown hair
Ali.

the doc wont clear me to go back to work. i had my psychosocial and i am just waiting for surgery to be approved. I am sure the surgery will approved at any time now......uh huh right. I will lose my benefits after being out of work for a year which will be this december. Fun Times!!!

(10-19-2010, 07:45 PM)FunPops Wrote: well i have been told that no pain meds will help so i may as well not take any. meanwhile im on the brink of losing my house due the income i am receiving. lawyer and insurance companies going at it while i sit here going broke and in pain. if i am going to be in pain i may as well do it while making a few bucks.
The ime doc told me i could work, my doc says i need a 2 level fusion....I will ask my doc to clear me to go back to work. I have to atleast give it a shot. If the doctor LIb mutual hired clears me to work, how can they deny me to come back?

I asked my doctor if I could go back to work and see if I could do my job, he let me on a trial basis and my work allowed it as well. I also spoke with my attorney and they said that was fine, I asked the attorney if i couldn’t do it without a lot of pain would it be as difficult to get my work comp checks started again and my attorney said no it will be easy to get your checks started again guess what I lasted 12 weeks and it was worse than when the accident first happened it took months and on top of that the attorney had to schedule a hearing because the insurance company wouldn’t start my checks again and here’s the real kicker the insurance company sent my check to my attorneys office so he could get his cut $900.00 to be exact. I had to go into my attorneys office sign the check so they could cash it wait for it to clear thru their bank then attorneys office called and said I could come pick up the remaining balance and a hearing never had to take place. You will starve on work comp, not be able to pay your bills, ruin your good credit. My insurance company just sends the checks when they feel like they are late most of the time or will say they have sent my check but when I get the check I can see when the letter has been post marked and also the date on my check....do they think I’m stupid ? Hard to pay your bills when you don’t know when your money is coming. Good luck I feel your pain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't people ever comment anymore? wcthaway 5 389 05-31-2019, 09:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MCO refuses to treat me anymore unless I sign agreement of treatment awolf58 8 5,518 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Last Post: awolf58
  Released to work for three years -Now i Just can't anymore Edwin 6 8,449 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Last Post: kate
  I "DO" nothing anymore Lilly 26 12,533 10-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  I just don't know what to do anymore shugarcookie 10 4,442 06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Last Post: shugarcookie
  Can't afford COBRA! pote2002 4 7,793 04-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Last Post: 1171